Chapter 18: Birthdays and Messages on the Wall

Y/N POV

The day after the Quidditch incident was September 9th, otherwise known as our birthday. I woke up at around 7:30, which was a bit late for me to wake up. It was a Wednesday, and we did have classes so I did my usual morning routine; wash myself, put on my robes, put on my other things, (the watch I got from Hermione last year, the necklace from my mother and the bracelet from Lana), made my bed and stroked Snowball's fur as she was still resting on my bed, earning a soft little purr from her.

"Morning, Y/N." Harry said. He must have woken up early today. "Happy Birthday, mate!" He then hugged me as Ron got out of his bed.
"We got you some presents." Ron said. "Here's mine!" He said as he passed me a package with red paper and some twine wrapped around it. I ripped the paper around it to reveal a broom polishing kit. It was a little dusty but it would still be helpful.

"Thanks, Ron!" I said. "This is gonna work great."
"Here's mine." Harry said. His gift was a set of Quidditch gloves, which would come in handy. He must have bought them at the broom shop. Fred and George came around and gave me a pack of Dung Bombs, said to "use them on the blond git next time he's being an idiot."

As I placed Harry and Ron's gifts on my trunk and took out Lana's gift while Harry and Ron got their gifts for her, we headed out the dormitory, only for me to be greeted into a massive tackle to the ground by Hermione while Ron and Harry had themselves a laugh.

"Happy birthday, Y/N!" She said as she squeezed me tighter before she got off me and pulled me up.
'Thank you, Hermione!" I said as I hugged her again while she pressed her head on my chest.
"Oh, I got you and Lana something," She said as she placed a notebook in my hands. "but I have to give this to both of you so you can see what it can do." She held another notebook in her hand.

As we made our way to the Great Hall, Lana and Luna joined up with us while engaging me in a sisterly hug and wishes of a happy birthday. We found the Gryffindor table, grabbed our food and sat down while Hermione gave Lana her notebook and explained the connection.

"So, Y/N, you take a quill and write something in your notebook." Hermione said as she sat next to me. "And Lana, you open yours."

I wrote down something, just a simple sentence. "Gilderoy Lockhart is an absolute moron." I mean it's not wrong.

Hermione then looked into the book and giggled a little as she saw what I wrote. "Ok, now tap your wand on it three times." I took out my wand and did as she said.

One.

Two.

Three.

Suddenly, the writing glowed a little and in Lana's notebook, the writing rewrote itself the same way I wrote it moments ago. "Woah! That's incredible, Hermione! Where did you get this?" Lana asked.
Hermione then blushed a little. "I-uh, I charmed it m-myself. I bought the journals in the summer and I was looking for charms with Mrs. Weasley when we were at the Burrow. I thought it would be useful if you couldn't use your Legilimens abilities."
"Hermione, this is an amazing gift." I said as I hugged her again. "Thank you so much." She smiled as she hugged me back. "You're very welcome, Y/N. Oh and I nearly forgot. There's a note for you in the beginning." I then flipped to the beginning, to find a very sweet note from her.

Dear Y/N.
You are, without a doubt, the most amazing best friend ever. I am so glad to have met you and your sister and I am so glad that you are a part of my life. You are so smart, incredible and funny and I care about you so much. Have a wonderful birthday.
Love, 'Mione <3

After reading her note, I smiled as Hermione watched me. She broke out into a grin of her own, wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek.