Chapter 24: Wolves and Eagles

Y/N POV

Dear Y/N,

I hope you and your family are well and enjoying America. I've heard the magical community is kind of like ours, except they don't have the Ministry of Magic, but instead they have something called MACUSA. Could you tell me about it when we meet again before school?

Anyways, my parents and I have gone to France, and it is so beautiful here! I sent you some photos of some buildings we visited, I hope you like them! I miss you so much, I can't wait to see you again soon. We have got to talk more about the places we've been to when we see each other again.

Again, I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you soon!

Love, 'Mione

XOXOXO

I read Hermione's most recent letter over and over again. While we came to New York in America to learn what Grindelwald did here when he was disguised as Percival Graves, she went to visit France with her parents for vacation, but she was still worried for us after that revelation. I'm glad that she hasn't thought anything different about us. One of her photos had her standing in front of the Eiffel Tower with her writing saying, "Missing you loads, - Hermione." with a little heart next to it.

I'm kinda liking New York, it's rather extravagant. Mum had to visit MACUSA tonight for anything about what happened here in 1926, so Lana, Luna, and I stayed back in our hotel room. Besides we had something else to do.

According to the plan that McGonagall, Dumbledore and Mum made, we were to become Animagi. Grindelwald was a known master of human transfiguration, so they wanted us to know what it was like to turn from animal to human flawlessly before we moved on to that.

We've been holding a Mandrake leaf in our mouths for a month and saying the incantation, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus" everyday, which was one of the requirements for becoming an Animagus. Luna had been supervising us since she came with us.

The next step was to drink the Animagus potion during a lightning storm, which was happening right now.

Lana and I sat down, wands to our hearts and repeated like we always have, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus." and chugged the potion down our throats. My stomach began to churn and I felt like I was going to vomit. I bent down on my hands as I felt them changing to a wolf's paw. I looked up at Lana who shrunk and her arms turned into large wings. As the feeling in my gut finally went away, I looked back at Lana, but instead I found an eagle standing in her place. This must be her Animagus form. Luna stared at us with a smile on her face.

I looked at myself in a mirror next to us, to find a white wolf in my place. I still maintained my silver eyes, but my skin or fur in this case was white like Snowball's fur. Lana turned back into herself and gasped. "You're an Arctic Wolf!" She said in amazement as I turned back. "You looked so awesome!"

"Me?" I said in bewilderment. "You're an eagle! You can fly!"

"You both kept your silver eyes." Luna said delightfully. "Your glasses didn't show up when you turned into a wolf, Y/N."

A while before we came to America, my vision was a little crooked so I had to get some glasses. I got a pair that reminded me of Harry's. I hope he's doing okay with the Dursleys. He mentioned that someone named Aunt Marge was coming to visit. As for Ron, he still talks to us. But now for some reason, everytime I mention him, Lana has started to blush. Luna and I think that she fancies him and sometimes, we tease her about it. Kinda like how she did when she knew I fancy Hermione.

"You both have your animagus form?" Mum asked as she entered the room. "A wolf and an eagle? Guess it runs in the family then."

Before we could question what she meant, she took a couple steps back and spread her arms out. Her body contorted and soon enough, the same eagle form Lana took was in flying in front of us. As she turned back, Lana gasped.