Chapter 16: Return to Hogwarts

Harry POV

September 1st came around faster than expected. We arrived at King's Cross Station with Mr. Weasley's Ford Anglia without flying, that kind of made me nauseous the first time around. Unfortunately, we were very late.

"10:58!" Mr. Weasley said. "Come on, come on!"

"Train will be leaving soon!" Mrs. Weasley continued. "Fred, George, Percy, you first!"

Fred went through the barrier, followed by Percy and George. Mr and Mrs. Weasley allowed Ginny to go after them and followed her after. Before they made it through, Mrs. Weasley said, "Hurry!"

Lana and Luna then went in after her, followed by Y/N and Hermione.

I turned to Ron. "Let's go."

I gripped the handles of my trolley while Ron gripped his behind me. I pushed the cart forwards, getting ready to make it on the other side, but something different happened.

We crashed into the wall. I fell over while Ron lost control of the cart, crashing into me, causing most of our stuff to fall.

"Oy!" A station Agent called out to us. "What do you two think you're doing?"

"Sorry, lo-lost control of the trolley." I said to the agent, who walked away. I turned to Ron again, who now had a scared expression plastered on his face. "Why can't we get through?" I asked.

"I don't know." Ron said. "The gateway's sealed itself for some reason."

A clock chimed off in the distance. Oh no.

It's eleven o' clock.

We missed the train.

"The Train leaves at exactly 11:00! We've missed it!"

"Harry... if we can't get through, maybe Mom and Dad can't get back!"

"Maybe we should just go and wait by the car." I said.

Ron's eyes widened in realization. "The car!"

Hermione POV

As we got adjusted into the compartment, Lana and Luna were on one couch playing with Patch while Y/N and I were on the other.

"Where's Harry and Ron?" I asked. "Weren't they right behind us?"

"I think they were?" Y/N said. "They might be in another compartment, I hope. Maybe with Percy, Fred, George and Ginny?"

Soon enough, the train started to move and we were off to Hogwarts. Halfway, the Trolley witch came around asking if we wanted anything from the cart. Y/N and Lana got some Chocolate Frogs and Cauldron Cakes, I got some Pumpkin Pasties and Luna got some Peppermint Toads. She was about to go for Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Beans since she never tried them, but Y/N warned her about them, so she steered clear of them. I knew for a fact Y/N didn't like those jelly beans since he told me in one of his letters, so I understood his point.

Moments later, Luna had gotten tired and fell asleep on Lana, who allowed her to, while Y/N and I were talking with each other and playing with Snowball. Suddenly Lana spoke up.

"Hey, guys..." She said in a worried tone. "The Weasley's car is light blue, right?"

"Yeah, sis, why do you ask?" Y/N asked. "What's wrong?"

"I thought so, because what other car can fly and is right outside, with Harry about to fall!?"

"WHAT?!" The both of us said in unison, startling Luna out of her nap.