Chapter 23: Heir V Heir / End of 2nd Year

Y/N POV

I couldn't believe it. I am the grandson of Gellert Grindelwald. That means that Lana's his granddaughter and Mum's his daughter.

His magic runs through my veins. That's why I could use wandless magic instead of yelling the Accio spell with my wand. I was still on my knees after hearing this sudden revelation to an non-existent audience from Lord Voldemort himself. Well, his weird teenage memory self.

"You don't seem to know who that is, Harry." Riddle said to him. "It's completely eating Y/N up from the inside. How about I explain?"

"No, don't listen to him, Harry!" I yelled as tears fell out of my eyes.

"Grindelwald was one of the most powerful wizards to ever live with the exception of that nitwit Dumbledore." Riddle ignored my pleas. "He wanted Mudbloods under the rule of wizards, instead of killing them, that works so much better. He amassed a great following of acolytes, always doing his bidding."

"But after Dumbledore sent Newt Scamander to America, Grindelwald was found under his impersonation of Percival Graves by Scamander, Tina Goldstein, Queenie Goldstein, Jacob Kolwalski and the rest of MACUSA." Riddle continued. "After 1945, Grindelwald surrendered to Dumbledore after their infamous duel, but as he surrendered, one of his loyal acolytes surrendered alongside him."

"Her name was Vinda Roiser. A French woman who was very loyal to Grindelwald and very much in love with him. And Grindelwald was in love with her. They were imprisoned in Grindelwald's fortress, Numengard, in which 15 years later, they had a daughter. That was Y/N and Lana's mother, Addison. Shortly after Addison was born, Grindelwald asked Dumbledore to raise her and be the father he can't be. He didn't want his daughter to know her father was a monster. I kept tabs with my Death Eaters to keep track of her. She would have been a great addition to us. But instead, she didn't. She was friends with a specific Mudblood."

"My mother." Harry said. "Lily."

"Correct." Riddle sneered. "She hung around with those fools, and married a Pureblood who also cared for Mudbloods. And she knew of her bloodline when she came of age! But she threw it away. I'm glad I killed Langden that night. But what your mother did after I killed him, Y/N..."

"She killed all of the Death Eaters there. She was furious and embraced her magic and killed all of them but me and Lestrange. All to avenge her husband and protect her newborn children. I brought your cousin here since she was peering into my plans for Ginny, and to bring you down, so you could bear witness to your bloodline."

"And I'm glad she did kill them." I said as I looked up. "They clearly deserved it. But my mother isn't like my grandfather, and neither are Lana and I."

'You're right, Y/N." Harry said as he looked at me. "You and Lana aren't your grandfather. You're better than him."

He turned back to Riddle. "I don't care that my best friends' grandfather was Grindelwald, Y/N saved my life many times. And I'll do the same for him, no matter what. And Dumbledore is never gone! Not as long as those loyal to him!"

A loud cry was heard above us along with a musical sound. We all looked up to find a Phoenix, of all things to come with a bundle-up object in its talons.

"Fawkes?" Harry said in question. This must be Dumbledore's pet phoenix.

Fawkes flew around us in a circle and dropped the object to the ground. I ran to it and unbundled it. To my surprise, it was the very thing that placed me in Gryffindor.

The Sorting Hat.

"So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defenders." Riddle sneered once more. "A songbird and an old hat." He then turned around to the face of Salazar Slytherin and spoke loudly in Parseltongue. "Speak to me, Slytherin, greatest of the four."