Chapter 30: The Patronus

Y/N POV

The next day came along and due to the dementor's sudden appearance at the Quidditch match, Tina and Newt decided to teach us one of the most powerful charms to repel them: The Patronus Charm. Remus would have thought it to us, but he had to teach Harry and allowed for the two to teach us.

"This is one of the most advanced charms created," Newt said "It's above the OWL standard."

"It is very hard to master." Tina continued. "But with the power of your magic, I suspect you both will get it in a few tries."

"It is a very positive force." Newt said once more. "Think of it as.. A shield to dementors. But for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, but one that makes you happy."

Lana smirked and nudged me. "I think Y/N's already good in that department."

I looked at her and my eyes widened. "Lana!" I whined.

"Oh, really?" Newt asked curiously. "How so, Y/N?"

I blushed at the thought of what Lana mentioned. Hermione and her were best friends, so she must have told her about the kiss.

"I - uhh... I had my first...kiss." I stuttered.

"And with none other than the girl he fancies." Lana teased.

"Must you do this to me?" I said.

"Yes, I'm your sister." Lana said with a smile. "And I care about your happiness. She liked it too."

"Well, congrats, Y/N!" Tina said, patting me on the shoulder. "That memory will help a lot. Newt, honey, do you care to demonstrate?"

"Of course, Tina." Newt smiled and pulled out his wand. "Expecto Patronum."

From the tip of his wand, a bright, translucent Kelpie came out and flew around the room. It came back to Newt and stood next to him until it dissipated.

"Hey, Newt?" Lana asked. "What was the memory you thought about?"

"Oh, that's easy." Newt answered. "It was the first time I met Tina in New York. Before all my animals got loose from my case. I have Jacob to thank for that."

"Now it's your turn." Tina said with another kind smile. "Are you both ready?"

We looked at each other and nodded. "We're ready."
Tina chuckled. "You both remind me so much of me and my sister, Queenie. Wand at the ready."

As I held up my wand, I began to think of all of my happiest memories.

Meeting Hermione for the first time.

Adopting Snowball.

Officially becoming friends with Harry and Ron.

My time at the Burrow with Hermione, Harry and the Weasleys.

Teaching Luna the Levitation Charm.

The Hogsmeade date with Hermione.

And my first kiss with Hermione.

"Expecto Patronum!" I said as a light came out of my wand and a wolf similar to my Animagus form flooded out. From next to me, Lana did the same and a Harpy Eagle appeared.

"Woah, first try!" Tina exclaimed. "You both seem like naturals!"

"I just thought about the happy moments." I said. "More memories other than the kiss."

"I thought about our time at the Burrow." Lana said. "And every time we talked with Luna, our cousin."

"That's really good," Newt said. "You both made corporeal Patronus, they are unique to the people that cast it. It must have taken your Animagus forms. Since we have finished early, do you both want to go and see more creatures in the case?"