55). The New Headmistress

Y/N POV

Umbridge was brought back into the hall by Mum a while later as she began her term as Headmistress. I could see a little stress on her face but Mum was still smiling. Umbridge still had a bitter look on her face, but no one cared apart from her Squad.

"Hello, everyone," Mum said to the students in the Great Hall. Hermione and Anne were watching with great interest. "It is with great pleasure that I announce my term as Headmistress. I understand some of you may miss Professor Dumbledore, but I will try my best to live up to his achievements."

"My first act as your new Headmistress," Mum said. "Is to abolish organizations made on the intent to harm or hurt other students and declare them illegal such as Professor Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad, also led by Draco Malfoy." Umbridge looked up at her as Mum shot her a glare of fury. As she saw her look, she backed down into her seat. Guess she didn't want to be slapped again.

"Furthermore," Mum said. "I have also consulted with all the professors and we have all decided to abolish Ministry Decrees 27 and 68, due to the absurd nature and immature standards. Any student may have possession of the Quibbler and will not be expelled. Any student organization is back and banned players are allowed back into said organizations."

"Just a minute!" Umbridge exclaimed. "I was not informed of this!"

"Unfortunately, we cannot get rid of Decree 23," Mum said, ignoring her. "However, the professors and I have decided to limit the powers of the High Inquisitor as they were the conditions set by the Ministry. This is a school to learn magic, not Azkaban Prison."

Umbridge looked very frustrated as she kept to herself

Umbridge looked very frustrated as she kept to herself. As everyone heard Mum, or should I say Professor Lovegood, everyone cheered as Grandma, Flitwick and even Snape smiled/smirked. Everyone was clapping but Umbridge who sulked and frowned furiously.

Sucks to be her, right!

SHE BLOODY DESERVES IT!

Everyone got back to breakfast with smiles on their faces with the thought of a headmistress helping us. Lana and I thought we should visit Mum in her office and wish her well on her term. As soon as breakfast ended, Hermione and I shared a quick kiss, Anne gave me a hug, and Ron and Harry patted my back as we made our way to the Headmistress' office.

It was a good thing the password was the same as Dumbledore's, and the door opened as Mum looked up from her paperwork, smiled at us and quickly hugged us.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're here to see me on my first day!" Mum said gleefully.