84. The Surprise

Anne POV

The next morning, I woke up in the living room to find all of us asleep in blankets. Everyone was sharing a blanket and Draco was sleeping on a pillow. I looked around to Mum and Dad, and they were still asleep. One of Mum's arms was around me and my head rested under hers, but her head was on Dad's shoulder. My arms were around Dad, but both of them were still asleep. And Dad's head was next to Mum's as she smiled and nuzzled to him.

I carefully got up, placed the blanket back on them and kissed their cheeks as I let them sleep. Just thinking about it, they're going to love what we're gonna do for their wedding.

"Morning, Anne." Grandma said from behind me as she fixed some tea. "Would you like some tea?"

"Sure, Grandma." I responded as I walked over and she handed me a cup of tea. She smiled and took a sip. "I still cannot believe I'm a grandmother now. But I'm very glad you're my granddaughter."

I giggled a little as I took another sip of my tea. "I am surprised though." She said. "I thought you might be sick of tea cups, but you didn't take Divination, didn't you?"

"Oh, heavens no." I answered quickly. "I've heard about Professor Trelawney, her omens, and that one thing about 'The Grim', Mum said it was a wooly subject, and that Runes or Arithmancy was far better. She was right."

Grandma also chuckled as well

Grandma also chuckled as well. "Oh, Trelawney was -- dare I say it -- a loony when Langden and I were at Hogwarts with Harry's parents."

"Oh, Grandma?" I asked as she looked at me. "Who's Langden? Is he your husband? I don't think you ever mentioned him."

"Oh... that's right. Y/N, Lana and I never told you about him. Please forgive us for that." Grandma said as she took a sigh. "But yes, he was my husband. But unfortunately, he died when your dad and your aunt were infants. And at the hands..." She took a deep breath.

"Of Lord Voldemort. Nathan Roiser killed him on his command."

Just hearing that name, I felt my hands shake and the teacup felt like it was going to shatter in my hands. I remember how Nathan had attacked me when Dumbledore died. I remember Mum cried so much when I was in the hospital. But hearing that he killed my would-be grandfather, it hurt a little more.

"So... Langden was my grandfather?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"He would have been, had he be here today." Grandma said. "Your dad takes a lot after him, you know. He was brilliant, handsome, friendly, and so much more."

"I can see why you fell for him." I said.

"And I fell hard." Grandma smiled. "I saw the same thing happen with Y/N and Hermione. Lana and Ron, too. Except Ron still had a lot to learn from your dad." She added the last part in a whisper.

"Would he have liked me?" I asked. "Langden --er-- Granddad?"

Grandma smiled. "Anne, he would have loved you." She said. "Grandparents love their grandchildren like how they love their own children. Langden would be no exception to that."