Chapter 8: Gryffindor V Slytherin

Y/N POV

The next morning rolled around and we are all sitting at the Gryffindor table. Lana comes to sit with us for a little bit before the time comes for the Quidditch game. And speaking of Quidditch, the future star of Gryffindor ain't doing much in regards to getting ready.

"Here, take a bit of toast, mate." Ron said as he stuffed his face. "Go on."

He still didn't eat any food. He just sat there, twirling his fork.

"Ron's right, Harry." Hermione said, who was sitting left of me. "You're gonna need your strength today."

"Especially if you want Slytherin to lose, which I bet 10 Galleons they will." I added, which earned a nudge from Hermione along with a laugh and a "Prat."

"I'm not hungry." Harry said as he looked at his plate.

"Good luck today, Potter." Snape said as he crept up behind him, which surprised the hell out of him. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you...even if it is against Slytherin." He then walked off and with a limp, might I add.

"That explains the blood." He said as Lana nodded. I must have not noticed since Hermione was helping me to the hospital wing. I still had my bandage-cast thing that Madam Pomfrey cast on my arm. It now had signatures from most of the Gryffindors, but the first one to sign it was Hermione, who had signed hers with really nice handwriting and what looked like a heart.

"Blood?" Hermione asked the two.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog." Harry said. "But he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping."

"Just call it Cereberus, for god's sake, it's much more fitting, ya know? Three-headed dog of the Underworld?" I said. "It just makes so much more sense." I put my right hand under my chin as Hermione patted me on the back.

"But why would anyone go near Cerberus?" Hermione asked, to which I smiled at the fact that she took the nickname I gave the dog.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults." Harry continued. "He said it was Hogwarts business, very secret."

"So you're saying..."

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants."

A loud screech was heard above us as Hedwig entered the Great Hall and dropped a long but large package at the table before she flew off.

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asked. She's right. No other letters, packages or any of the like arrived at the other tables.

"But I-I never get mail." Harry said. From what Harry had told us about his home life, it sounded absolutely miserable. His aunt and uncle made him cook their food, while giving him just a piece of bread and butter. Their son would torment him and he was spoiled as well. They didn't even celebrate Harry's birthday.

That was so terrible of them.

"Let's open it." Ron said. We all got up and started ripping the paper over it. Really weird to do something with one of your arms being broken. As we ripped the package open, we were greeted by a pleasant surprise.

"It's a broomstick!" Harry said with joy in his voice.

"Not just any broomstick!" Ron said. "It's a Nimbus 2000!"

"Really!?" I asked. "Those are the newest brooms out right now!"

"And very expensive!" Lana added.