Chapter 28: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Y/N POV

The next day, I woke up in the Great Hall with Hermione resting right next to me. The Common Room would be open today and someone named "Sir Cadogan", so we were able to go back in. But strangely enough, Snowball was next to me, who somehow got the notebook that Hermione gave me in second year and had it filled open to a page.

Since she was a very intelligent cat and noticed Hermione was on me, she put her paw on the page, ripped it out with her claws, brought it over in her mouth and placed it in my hand.

"Clever girl..." I said as I stroked her fur.

Snowball purred and went back to watch Snuffles sleeping. I went to look at the note while Hermione was still snuggling into me. From what I managed to see, the note read.

Grandfather wants to see us early today. Says he has a surprise for us that we are sure to love. Training's going to run long so let Hermione know we are going to be there a little later. Password's Sherbet Lemon.

Lana

"Mmm, Y/N?" Hermione stirred as she lifted her head. "Good morning. What are you reading?" She got up from my chest as I sat up. Snuffles managed to wake up once she did and ran into her arms. "Morning, Snuffles." She cooed to the baby Niffler as she planted a tiny kiss on him. "Hi, Snowball! I didn't forget about you too." She said as Snowball came closer and nuzzled her head on our arms.

"Oh, just a note from Lana." I said as other students, including Harry and Ron woke up. "Dumbledore wanted to see us early. So I've got to get there. We might be a little late."

She made a small pout as she heard that. "Oh, but I'll see you there, right? Cause of the you-know-what?" She put her finger on my chest where the Time Turner laid, which Ron and Harry grinned at as they were watching before I gave them a glare.

"Yeah, we'll be there with it." I said. "I better get ready and get there. I'll see you soon, 'Mione. You think you can take care of Snuffles and Snowball then?"

"Of course!" Hermione said as she still held Snuffles. "He practically loves us like we're his parents." As she finished, we both blushed as I waved goodbye and smiled at them. Before I left the Great Hall to get changed, Ron and Harry walked with me.

"So," Ron said with a grin. "What were you and 'Mione talking about?"

"What are you talking about, mate?" I laughed for a moment.

"You know, Y/N," Harry said with a smirk. "She put her finger directly at your chest and was really close to you."

"Harry, get those thoughts out of your head!" I said to him as I lightly smacked him on the head. "Alright, I'll be back soon, I have to get ready."

Ron looked curiously at Harry and then back to me. "For what?" He asked. "Classes don't start yet."

I looked back at the confused boys. "Yes, I know. You'll see soon."

I returned to the Common Room, put on my robes and as I proceeded to leave, I heard a strange voice in my head.

'Thank Merlin he didn't find me!' It said. 'Good thing I'm small enough so I can run away.'

'What the hell?' I thought to myself. 'Who the hell is speaking?'

The voice didn't speak again, so I ignored it and made my way to Dumbledore's office. I approached the entrance, which was a literal Griffin Door, and said, "Sherbet Lemon" causing the door to move, revealing Dumbledore, Lana and an older man and woman, but looked younger than Dumbledore himself.