69). The Muggle-Born Commission

Harry POV

After Dung told us about Umbridge, we were beginning to get a plan together on how to infiltrate the Ministry. Kreacher had become nicer in the coming days and day after day, we began to respect him more. We had all kept busy with everything, Hermione, Lana and Y/N were working on Polyjuice Potion, where Y/N was working on his and Lana's disguises. While we were using Polyjuice Potion, the twins were going to try a skill they knew from their grandfather using Human Transfiguration.

Lana would take the appearance of Abigail Graves, the woman Y/N mentioned when Hermione obliviated her parents, while Y/N would take the appearance of one Mad-Eye Moody. Since no-one else knew Mad-Eye was dead, it would help Y/N go on with his ruse. He just had to make a boot that looked and sounded like Moody's fake one. Hermione was reading "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" and Ron was flicking the Deluminator like a cigarette lighter, restoring and putting out the lights.

"Will you stop it!" Hermione said.

"Sorry, sorry!" Ron said. "I don't know I'm doing it!"

"Well, can't you find something useful to occupy yourself?"

"What, like reading kids' stories?"

"Dumbledore left me this book, Ron -"

"- and he left me the Deluminator, maybe I'm supposed to use it!"

"And since he did," Y/N said from another room, wearing a button up shirt with his sleeves rolled up. "He would want you to use it other than putting out the damn lights! I'm trying to work on Moody's leg, I can't focus on making it while the lights are being turned on and off!"

I was a little irritated at the constant arguing everyday, but just as I was thinking it, a tap came on the door as we all looked at the door with our wands ready. Moody's voice asked again, "Severus Snape?" But another voice answered.

"It was not I who killed you, Albus." A voice quietly said.

The figure rose and exploded again, surprising the person and I ran toward the door. "Don't move!" I yelled, but I also forgot about Mrs. Black's portrait screaming at us. "Mudblood and filth dishonoring my house!" She shouted as the twins glared at her and she shut up instantly.

"Hold your fire, it's me, Remus!"
"Oh thank goodness!" Hermione said as she lowered her hand. Ron, Lana and Y/N did the same, but I still held my guard. "Show yourself!" I shouted at him. Lupin walked inside with his hands up in surrender.

"I am Remus John Lupin, werewolf," He stated. "Sometimes known as Moony, one of the five creators of the Marauder's Map, married to Nymhadora, usually known as Tonks, Godfather to Y/N and Lana Lovegood, and I taught you how to produce a patronus, Harry, which takes the form of a stag."

"Oh all right," I said as I lowered my wand. "But I had to check, didn't I?"

'Speaking as your ex-Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, I quite agree that you had to check. Ron, Hermione, Y/N, Lana you shouldn't be quite so quick to lower your defences.'

Remus was wearing a travel cloak as he asked."No sign of Severus, then?' he asked.

"No," I said. "What's going on? Is everyone OK? Mum, Ginny?"

"And Luna and Anne?" Y/N and Lana said

"Yes," Lupin said "but we're all being watched. There are a couple of Death Eaters in the square outside. I had to Apparate very precisely on to the top step outside the front door to be sure that they would not see me. They can't know you're in here or I'm sure they'd have more people out there; they're staking out everywhere that's got any connection with you, Harry. Let's go downstairs, there's a lot to tell you and I want to know what happened after you left The Burrow.'