Chapter 22: Follow the Spiders./ I AM LORD VOLDEMORT

Harry POV

"You heard what Hagrid said!" I told the others. "Follow the spiders."

"Harry, I don't like this." Ron whimpered once more. "Harry, I don't like this at all!"

"Shush!" Y/N and Lana hushed.

"Come on!" I said as we continued to trek through the Dark Forest where the spiders were crawling until they stopped near a cave.

"Who is it?" A raspy voice said from inside the cave, revealing itself to be a gigantic spider. Lana stood in fear as Y/N and Ron stood in front of her to protect her.

"Don't panic." I warned them as they stood behind me.

"Hagrid? Is that you?"

"We're friends of Hagrid." I said. "And you... you're Aragog, aren't you?"

"Yes," Aragog said. "Hagrid has never sent men and women into our hollow."

"Um, we're kids, teenagers at best." Y/N said. "And are you an Arcomantula?"

"Yes, I am. This one is very smart."

"But Hagrid is in trouble!" I said. "Up at the school, there have been attacks. They think it's Hagrid. They think he opened the Chamber of Secrets, like before."

"That's a lie!" Aragog yelled. "Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets."

"Then you're not the monster." Lana deduced.

"No, the monster was born in the castle. I came to Hagrid from a distant land, in the pocket of a traveler."

"But if you're not the monster, then -" Y/N said. "Then what did kill that girl fifty years ago?"

"WE DO NOT SPEAK OF IT!" Aragog yelled. "It is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others."

"But have you seen it?"

"I never saw any part of the castle but the box Hagrid kept me. The girl was discovered in a bathroom. When I was accused, Hagrid brought me here."

"Harry!" Ron yelled as spiders cornered him, Lana and Y/N.

"Well, thank you." I said in fear. "We'll just... go now?"

"Go? I think not. My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command. But I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders into our midst. Good-bye, friends of Hagrid."

"Can we panic now?!?" Ron yelled. "Know any spells?"

"I think!" Y/N said. "But it's probably stupid!"

"Do it anyway!" Ron said.

"BOMBARDA!" Y/N shouted, causing an explosion near the spiders. But it didn't drive them away.

"I know another!" I said as I drew out my wand. "But it's not powerful enough."

"Where's Hermione when you need her?" Lana said. As the spiders inched closer, something strange had happened.

A car engine was heard in the distance.

The Ford Anglia drove into Aragog's nest, pushed some spiders out of the way, and somehow opened its doors by itself. "Let's go!" I yelled as I got in the passenger's side and Ron got into the driver's side. Lana and Y/N got in the backseat, ready to get away from the spiders. Since the window was open, I peeked out with my wand and yelled, "Arania Exumai!", remembering the spell Tom Riddle used against Aragog 50 years ago. A beam of white light emitted from my wand as Ron put the car in reverse. Y/N and Lana joined in and yelled the spell along with me.