Chapter 19: The Chamber of Secrets

Harry POV

The other houses had left the corridor, going to their respective common room, while the five of us followed the Professors present.

"She's not dead, Argus." Dumbledore reassured him as Filch took a look of confusion. "She has been petrified."

"Ah, I thought so." Lockhart said, making his presence known, despite no one asking. "So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could have spared her."

"Really, Gilderoy?" Y/N sneered at him. "Well, go on then. Do it if you so claim to know it. Don't be shy that every other professor is here."

Lockhart looked scared as Y/N shot him a look of anger.

"But how she has been petrified, I cannot say." Dumbledore continued, as no other teacher didn't even take points away. Not even Snape. In fact, I think I saw him smirk a little.

"Ask him!" Filch said as he pointed to me. "It's him who's done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall."

"It's not true, Professor, I swear." I said. "I never touched Mrs. Norris."

"Then again, who would." Ron muttered as Filch gave him an ugly look.

"Rubbish!" Filch yelled.

"If I might, Headmaster," Snape interjected. "Perhaps Potter and his friends were simply in the wrong place in the wrong time."

'Did he just defend us?' I thought to myself.

"However, the circumstances are suspicious. I for one don't recall seeing Potter at dinner."

'Nevermind.'

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus." Lockhart said. "You see, Harry was helping me answer my fanmail."

"That's why Y/N, Lana and I were looking for him and Ron, Professor." Hermione said. "We just found him when he said..." She paused as she looked at me while she was still holding on to Y/N.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" Snape asked her.

"When I said I wasn't hungry." I said for her.

"We were heading back to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris." Y/n said to him. "We were tutoring my cousin and we wanted to grab Harry and Ron to get back there."

"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus." Dumbeldore said with a twinkle in his eyes.

Filch did not seem amused. "My cat has been petrified. I want to see some punishment! He knows I'm a -- a Squib!"

Well, that was true. Ron and I found some letters about some Kiwispell place addressed to Filch.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus." Dumbledore assured. "As I understand it, Madam Sprout has a healthy growth of Mandrakes. When mature, a potion will be made, which will revive Mrs. Norris." Filch trembled as he spoke.

"And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution.. To all."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's a bit strange, isn't it?" Hermione asked us.

"Strange?" I said.

"You, Y/N and Lana hear this voice, a voice only the three of you can hear, and then Mrs. Norris turns up petrified."

"Coincidence?" Y/N said. "I think not!"

"You think I should have told them?" I asked. "Dumbledore and the others, I mean?"