Chapter 21

"It's really fast..." ling jing said picking his phone. "Shen wei got hit.....come back hurry..." yunlan shout while driving and looking at shen wei bloody body. He is now spitting blood. "Just hold on...! I am going to save you....please hang in there......." yunlan said pressing the wound to stop the bleeding.

Shen wei breath heavily and grab yunlan hand. Soon his hand fall down and yunlan fasten the speed as much as he can. He pulled out shen wei from the car and luckily ling jing already there ready with everything.

Yunlan placed shen wei upon the table ready by ling jing. Ling jing tear shen wei shirt and cover his nose with oxygen mask. He attached some wires and insert some needles. "hold his hand...." ling jing order yunlan. Yunlan do as ling jing told him to do.

Soon ling jing take out one bullet and another one also. Luckily shen wei didn't got hit near his heart......ling jing stitch him up and put a bandage upon it. He than wipe blood from shen wei body.

"grab a quilt from the room and a pillow. We should not move his body right now." ling jing said wiping sweat upon his forehead. yunlan grab those and cover shen wei body with it and ling jing gently placed pillow under wei head.

"what just happened...? you told me that you are going to free him. Freeing him doesn't mean that you are going to kill him......" ling jing frown. "I am really freeing him. I don't know, someone shot him twice.......and i couldn't leave him there......" yunlan said.

"I wonder how many enemies he have got....." ling jing said sitting on the couch after cleaning his hands. Yunlan also sit near him.........He start thinking of something. "someone try to kill him.......i won't leave him alone ever again......." yunlan said looking at shen wei.

"Killing is our job....not saving yunlan.." ling jing said. "Yes....it's our job to kill. Not someone else. And i won't let him hurt again....! That's final....he is not leaving....." yunlan said firmly. Ling jing sigh and didn't argue with yunlan right now.

He clearly know his friend, if he decided something no one could alter that. "okay...! want some coffee....?" ling jing said try to calm yunlan and walked towards kitchen. yunlan walk near shen wei and saw the heart machine attached to him.

As soon as he hold wei hand it start beeping faster and yunlan frown......"I will protect you.....even if i have to die...." yunlan said and ling jing stop in mid way. He got alert hearing the loud beeping sound and run towards shen wei but stop. when he saw yunlan is near shen wei.

A small smile appear upon his face. "Finally you have got someone, who you care and protect than your life zhao yunlan....." ling jing mumbled. He walked back and leave them there. Yunlan hold shen wei pale arm in his arm and placed it upon his cheek.

"I promised....! No one will ever hurt you again....." yunlan said and kissed his hand.

At shen mansion,

"where is wei...? you didn't brought him here...? where is he.....?" shen wei grandfather shout at them all, when they walk inside the house. Mr. shen didn't utter a word and chu angry and defeated face making them all worry now.

"Chief chu..! Chief.....! where is my wei...? where is he hiding....?" shen wei grandfather asked to chu grabbing his shoulder. Chu looked at him,"I am sorry...! But shen wei got hit and when we reached near him. He was.....not there...." chu said sadly not looking at him.

Shen wei grandfather widen his eyes and tears rolled down from his eyes. Chu felt that the old man suddenly falling upon him. He grab his falling body and found that he is fainted in his arms with shock.

Mr. shen and yezhun helped him and carry him inside the room, while wang call for the doctor. chu sigh in frustration. He walked out in anger towards his office. Doctor came and check shen wei grandfather.

"You have to hospitalized him.....! His condition is worsen....." doctor said and Mr. shen looked at his father. "Do whatever you wanna do.....just save him..." Mr. shen said. And they call for an ambulance hurriedly, taking shen wei grandfather to hospital. Mr. shen accompany him ad leave yezhun and wang behind for any news about shen wei.

Chu sitting inside his cabin in anger gritting his teeth. "Who is trying to kill him....? who..?" chu mumbled throwing a file on the floor in anger. Guo startled by that. "sir....! i think...the kidnapper did that....." guo said in fear. Chu looked at him in anger.

"And who took him from there......? No guo....! something big is happening right under our nose and we can't able to track it down......" chu said and clinch his fist in anger. suddenly his phone ring. He listen carefully with shock and then hummed.

"Guo changcheng...! I think i am going to get the answer....! I have a long meeting.....don't wait for me to come........" chu said in calm tone and grab his coat while almost running outside. Guo just suspiciously looked at his chief and then scratches his head.

"yes....! okay...! fine..." yunlan talk to daqing and ask about his day and after that he end the call. Ling jing came near him and gave him some food to eat. "Eat something...! You can't help him with empty stomach will you...?" ling jing said sitting near him.

Yunlan looked at ling jing....."I am not hungry....." yunlan said standing up. He grab his jacket and ling jing frown,"where are you going......?" he asked. "I need some fresh air....! can't see him like that...! call me if he woke up....! I am just near the corner....." yunlan said and walked out sighing heavily.

Ling jing looked at him and then shen wei. He arch his eyebrow and star eating his food. It's almost evening by now and rain again start heavily. Ling jing check shen wei and found that he is cold.

He brought one warm blanket and cover him. He look at shen wei face...."how can someone try to kill you.....?" ling jing mumbled. As zhu hong walked inside cursing the rain.."shit..! this rain....! ruined my clothes.....!!" she mumbled and walked inside.

She stop her mumbling seeing shen wei like that and ling jing taking care of him. "what happen to him..? Is he dead....?" zhu hong asked coming closer to shen wei checking him closely. "You wish......" ling jing said. He told everything to zhu hong what happen today, skipping the night part.

"what..!!?? someone shot him...? but who....?" zhu hong shout in shocked. "lower your voice....! we don't know yet.....! but yunlan will found out about it.......soon.." ling jing said. "where is he now...?' zhu hong asked.

"Taking some fresh air.......i guess...." ling jing said checking shen wei nerve......"do you think he will survive....?" zhu hong asked. "He is a tough one.....he will survive this..." ling jing replied. "i am going to change my clothes...." zhu hong about to go when ling jing stop him.

"zhu hong....!! you didn't tell me about your date last night....properly...." ling jing asked narrowing his gaze. Zhu hong turn and saw that ling jing looking at him with suspicious look. "I told you.....he was passed out.....didn't i...? I must change my clothes first...." zhu hong said hurriedly and walked away from ling jing right now.

Ling jing sigh and didn't ask anything more to zhu hong. "I hope yunlan will not figure it out......that it's you....who made him do all this with him....." ling jing mumbled and sit closer to shen wei checking his temperature.........."damn it...!!" ling jing cursed checking shen wei temperature.......