Chapter 115: Home

Alright everyone, since Christmas is only a few days away it was only right to do a Christmas themed chapter. So enjoy! 😁

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter and MJ were on their way back to New York from London to spend Christmas with Peter's family, which consisted of May, Tony, Pepper, and Morgan. Both Peter and MJ were glad it was Christmas break, work for the two adults was over and for the next few days it was going to be stress free. Ned and Betty couldn't come since they already planned to stay at Ned's parents house.

But Peter was more of a nervous wreck, partly due to him gearing up to propose to MJ, he didn't know if he was actually going to go through with it, especially with work and living together, they'd been a couple since junior year of high school. Most high school relationships don't last long, but everyone around them knew they would stay together.

It was about one in the morning when Peter and MJ arrived in New York, Peter had texted Tony ahead of time asking if they could slip in the house, Tony replied saying they could and head up to the guest room. So once they got there, they quietly came into the house and settled down in the guest room, jet lag was not kind to them.

The next day it was Christmas Eve, and everyone was up, except Peter and MJ, Tony was making coffee while Pepper and Morgan were making breakfast, and May was sitting in a chair reading a book, while sipping a cup of tea. Peter and MJ had time to process being awake and no longer cursed by jet lag.

They got out of bed and got ready for the day before heading out to the kitchen, they were greeted with smiles and Morgan, dropping what she was doing to hug her brother and brother's girlfriend. "Peter!" She exclaimed.

"Hey Morgan." He replied hugging her.

"Hey, where's my hug?" Morgan beamed brightly and hugged MJ.

"Hi MJ!" She said. May walked up to her nephew and hugged him tightly, she held him for a bit. Peter chuckled, "I missed you too May, but I need to breathe at some point."

"Oh, good morning you two! How was your flight?" May asked while exchanging hugs between Peter and MJ.

"It was good, but jet lag hit us like a ton of bricks." Peter replied, Tony chuckled and patted his shoulder.

May pulled away, then Tony and Pepper went in for hugs as well. Everyone was happy to see each other, they couldn't believe the two young adults moved away, especially halfway across the world. But nonetheless they were happy to spend time with each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Throughout the rest of the day it was spent baking cookies, cuddling next to the fireplace and drinking hot cocoa, watching Christmas movies on Netflix, and adding new ornaments to the tree that Peter and MJ picked out. Peter excused himself for a moment and went to the guest room checking a secret pocket in his suitcase.

Pulling out a red velvet box, with a simple diamond ring inside, he sighed. His worries began to flurry around inside his mind, swarming like a bunch of bees with a broken nest. He heard a cough from behind him, he gasped and turned, seeing Tony, standing in the doorway.

"Whatcha got there kiddo?" He asked.

"N- Nothing." He replied, Tony gave him a second to actually tell the truth. To say the least, awkward silence filled the room.

"I'm waiting, y'know, for the truth because you suck at keeping secrets and you also suck at lying." Tony said.

"Come in, close the door, and lock it." Tony did exactly that and looked at Peter, seeing him nervously fidget.

Tony crossed his arms, "So... you wanna tell me what's going on?"

"Okay, fine, but do not, and I mean do not tell MJ."

"You better not be planning a prank on her, it's Christmas."

Peter chuckled, "That's something you'd pull, and I'm not a mini you."

"Touché Parker, touché. Anyway tell me what's up." Peter took out the box and opened it to show Tony the ring.

Tony smiled, "You're proposing? Wait, you're pulling a Hallmark movie cliche and proposing on Christmas morning."

Peter sighed in relief, "Yeah, I am."

"Congrats Pete, and I know 100% she's going to say yes. And don't worry your secret's safe with me." Peter hid the ring again and the two of them left. By the time the sun went down everyone was pretty tired so they all decided to go to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day

Morgan woke everyone up and they went to the living room and sat by the tree. Morgan waited until the rest of her family were awake and then began opening presents. They did that for an hour before taking a break and eating breakfast. After they finished opening gifts and exchanging laughs and smiles.

Peter pulled MJ aside away from everyone and told her he wanted to talk, he took out a piece of paper and gave it to her. "Read that." She looked up at him confusedly.

"Just read it M, it'll make sense when you do." She looked down at the paper, and started reading the letter which read: Dear Michelle, now that you're reading this I can finally get this off my chest. As you may well know we've been together for many years now, and you know that I love you very much. To the point that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to take that leap of faith with you, I don't I could ever want to not spend the rest of my life with anyone else but you.

So now that you were too busy reading this letter of me confessing my everlasting love for you, stop and look down. MJ glanced down to see Peter kneeling down on one knee holding a ring in his hands, her eyes welled up with tears and that's when Peter popped the question. "Michelle Zendaya Jones, will you marry me?"

MJ nodded her head vigorously, she was at a loss for words. Peter slipped the ring onto her finger and they hugged, pulling away Michelle kissed her fiancée. "I love you Peter." She said.

"I love you too Michelle." He replied back. The both of them heard sniffling, they turned and saw Tony, Pepper, May, and Morgan watching them. After that congratulations were in order, and everyone pulled each other into a group hug. This Christmas was definitely a great one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 115