Chapter 164: H.Y.D.R.A | Part 1

(As the title suggests, HYDRA is involved, and superheroes are in this, I also decided that Howard Stark would make an appearance in this.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After everything that happened with Obadiah Stane, almost killing him, taking over his company, and having him thrown in jail. Tony was happy to live a quiet life with his son, being a single dad wasn't easy. Being a parent wouldn't be some walk in the park, and no matter how hard it would be, Tony thought it was all worth it. Peter was a product of a one night stand, Tony was a reckless, rich drunk who's life was in shambles.

Looking back, he wasn't proud of his actions, but ever since Peter was born, Tony turned everything around, he reconciled with his father, and stopped drinking, Howard was glad to see his son starting over. He was also glad he was able to make up for all the lost time, after he retired from S.H.I.E.L.D, retirement life wasn't as bad as he thought. He was still tinkering with projects and whatnot but he was also spending time with his grandson.

The little boy was five turning six in August, which he loved to remind anyone who would listen. Unfortunately, he got sick with a cold and Tony couldn't miss a meeting he had in Miami. So Howard decided to take care of him, while Tony was gone. If only they knew what was about to come, Howard and Peter stayed in the house while Tony sat in the meeting with a bunch of executives.

Howard had finished getting Peter to eat lunch and laid him down to get some rest. Luckily Peter was doing well, only crying once when Tony informed him he couldn't stay home, but promised he'd make it up to him. As Howard was cleaning up the kitchen and disinfecting everything the house was rather peaceful.

He continued to clean when he heard the front door make a loud crash, he froze, was Tony back? No, he wouldn't be home till tomorrow. So who was entering the house? He dropped the washcloth he was holding and grabbed a kitchen knife. Ready to not only protect Peter, but also chase whoever was breaking in out of there.

Howard got to the door, which was ripped from its hinges, then was struck in the back of his head, his vision blurred when he gazed up at the individual, he mumbled; "W... Who are... you?" Before passing out. When he came to, he had no idea how long he was out, but quickly rushed to his feet after remembering what happened and ran to Peter's room.

His bed was empty, Peter was gone, whoever broke into the house must've taken him after overpowering Howard. At this point the older man was freaking out, he found his phone sitting on the kitchen counter, he took it and dialed Tony's number, but he didn't answer. Then he dialed Steve's number, Steve picked up, and listened to his old friend.

Howard then got in his car and drove to the Avengers compound, after he was let in, he met up with Steve, Natasha, Bucky, and Rhodey. He couldn't believe he let his grandson be kidnapped, surely someone was getting ahold of Tony right? Natasha then pulled out her phone and dialed Tony's number.

While Tony was in his meeting talking about taking new steps with Stark Industries, his phone buzzed, he picked it, saw the caller I.D and quietly excused himself. He answered, his blood ran cold and time froze, he dropped everything, quickly telling Pepper what was happening and she told him to go. He rushed onto his private jet and told the pilot it was an emergency.

Once he got there he learned everything from his father, Howard was a mess, apologizing a million times over, "Dad, it wasn't your fault. I promise, was there anything else out of order when you woke up?"

Howard shook his head, "No, I immediately ran to Peter's room, saw he wasn't there, and then called Steve."

"Check the security footage, maybe we can see if it caught the perpetrators face." Rhodey suggested, Tony grabbed his laptop and linked it to his phone, scrolling through the footage and clicking on the video. Watching as a man hurt Howard and then took an unconscious Peter out of the home. They combed through everything when Bucky noticed a patch on the man's jacket.

"Look at the arm patch, it's Hydra's logo. Someone inside HYDRA took Peter." He told them, everyone looked to Tony, he was furious, these enemies had his boy. And no matter what he was going to get him back, Steve walked towards him, put his hand on his shoulder and Tony looked at him. "I'm going to help you get him back." Tony said.

"I know you are, I wouldn't expect anything less." Steve replied, and soon they were working on how to find Peter, track him down and destroy HYDRA for messing with the wrong family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 164