Chapter 103: Blindness

It was currently one in the morning, and Peter was out on patrol, all was quiet and Peter actually thought he'd be able to call it a night, and go back home to his dad. Or so he thought, the screams of a young woman caught his attention and he leapt into action.

"You do realize it's not a good thing to rob women right? Because they are the future! Get with the times man, women run the world! Beyoncé said so!" Peter exclaimed, to the man try to rob the woman.

The man grumbled and began trying to punch the teen superhero, Peter dodged his every throw, the woman had escaped. She ran as far away from the alley Peter found her in. "Dude, you think you wanna cool it with the trying to kill me?" Peter asked.

Somehow Peter's web shooters got jammed, he groaned, and when he wasn't paying attention for a just a second, the perp got out a substance and ran up to Peter, spraying it in his face.

It seeped through Peter's mask and made its way to his eyes, Peter raised his hands to his eyes, screaming in agony, the guy punched him and then kicked him to the ground. After that he hear the guy's footsteps retreat.

Peter could not see a thing, he was completely blind, he needed help. So he decided to get Karen to call his dad. "K- Karen call dad." Peter said.

"On it Peter." The A.I replied back, Peter heard the phone ring, he desperately hoped his father would pick up. After a few seconds, Peter heard Tony speak. "Hey kiddo, you coming home soon? I've got the Mrs kit waiting incase you need stitches." Tony said.

"D- dad I can't see, I can't see!" Peter cried out in pain.

"Peter what happened?" Tony said, worry lacing into his every word.

"This guy sprayed me with stuff, and now I can't see! Dad I'm scared."

"I'm on my way Bambi, just breathe, I'm tracking your location." Tony said, he rushed grabbing on of his suits and getting ready to fly. "Peter, I gotta hang up the phone but I promise I'm coming, hang on bud."

Peter waited for what felt like forever, when he heard the sounds of his dad's repulser's, he decided to call out just to be safe. "Dad i- is that you?" He questioned.

"Yeah it's me Pete, don't worry, I got you. I'm gonna pick you up and we're gonna fly back to the tower alright."

The masked hero felt a little less terrified now that his father was with him, Tony took off Peter's mask though Peter couldn't see he could feel his dad picking him up. Then his thrusters went off, and Peter could feel the cold metal of Tony's armor against his cheek, he could feel the wind gusting through his hair.

They got to the tower, with Tony carrying Peter all the way to the med bay, sitting him down on the hospital bed and looking for something that could help his son.

No one was in the tower as all the employees went on home, and the fact that it was one in the morning. Luckily Tony found an eye drop solution for Peter, he walked back to his son who was gripping the hospital bed in pain.

"Okay Pete, tilt your head up and open your eyes." Tony said, Peter tilted his head up, and Tony quickly squeezed the solution into his eyes.

"Is that better? You'll be able to see soon, whatever that guy sprayed in your face really messed with you, bud."

"It's a little better, still stings but it's fine. I'm also really tired." Peter replied.

Tony sighed, "Yeah, I'll call your school and tell them you won't be there tomorrow."

"But I have a calculus test tomorrow." Peter said.

Tony facepalmed, "How many fingers am I holding up kiddo?" He asked.

Peter's expression held confusion, "I don't know, I can't see!" He exclaimed.

"And you have your answer, now let's get you to sleep Peter." Tony once again picked Peter up and carried him to his room, he grabbed some pajamas and helped Peter changed.

Then Tony changed into pajamas and laid down next to his son, combing his fingers through his hair. He kissed Peter's forehead, "Goodnight bambino." He said.

Peter cuddled closer to his dad, "Goodnight dad." He said, before falling asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 103