Chapter 159: Middle Name

(Alright, to clear up some confusion that may arise from the first paragraph. Tony and Steve adopted Harley and Peter when Harley was one and Peter was a few months old, and then adopted Morgan when they were 6 and 5 and Morgan was 3. Are we good? Everyone understand?)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost half the population has some sort of a middle name, most people only have one middle name, but not Peter Parker. He not only had one, he had two, having no clue where the second one came from. To give a quick rundown, here's how his name came to be; his father, Anthony Stark liked the name Peter, it was old fashioned and not many boys had that name, it was also chosen two hours before he was born.

So you can imagine the panic that happened around that, Peter has two other siblings, an older brother named Harley, and a younger sister named Morgan. Yup, he was the middle kid, both of his siblings had one middle name, while he had two. Then why was he different? The ten year old boy had always pondered that question, so he decided to act on it.

He went down to his father's workshop and knocked on the door, the locking mechanism opened and Peter went to his dad, "Hi dad!" He squealed out, Tony turned towards his little one and smiled, he took hold of Peter and hoisted him on his lap.

"Hey Bambino, what's up? Did Papa send you down here?" Tony asked.

Peter looked down and started sheepishly tugging at his sweater. "No, I wanted to ask you a question."

Tony raised an eyebrow, "Alright, what's your question bud?" Peter didn't really think farther ahead, as he was currently just staring off into space, but if he wanted an answer, he had to ask the question. "Why do I have two middle names? Harley and Morgan have one, but I have two." Peter said, finally framing the question.

"Yeah, I knew this day would come. How about we go upstairs and talk with Papa about it okay?" Peter nodded his head and they went upstairs to find Steve, once they found him in his and Tony's bedroom. He was reading a book he used to read as a kid that his mother would often read to him. He looked up and smiled, "Hi Tony, hi Peter." He greeted. Peter climbed onto their bed and sat next to his dad cuddling with him.

"Pete has a question that we both need to answer." Steve tilted his head and then looked down at Peter.

"Okay, ask away little love." Steve said, as Peter began to repeat the same question he asked Tony, Steve looked at his husband, they knew he was going to ask eventually, they might as well tell the truth now. The kids knew they were adopted, Tony and Steve didn't want to keep that from them, but if it was never brought up until the kids were teens that was also okay.

"Well Pete, your first name was already given to you. We were told that your birth mom gave you that name, when we adopted you, we wanted to at least give you a name that was special for us. But we couldn't choose from Nathaniel or Anthony." Steve explained. (Also, yes, I'm aware that Clint and Laura's youngest son is named Nathaniel after Natasha. So let's ignore that.)

"That's Dad's name!" The young boy exclaimed, which prompted laughter out of the adults.

"Yeah, it is, I chose that one, and Dad chose Nathaniel after aunt Natasha. Then one day uncle Rhodey asked why we were fighting over both names when we could use them both."

Tony ruffled Peter's hair, "We thought it was a good idea, though the compromise was if you have two middle names, you'd only have one last name."

"And that is how you became Peter Nathaniel Anthony Rogers." Steve concluded.

Peter's eyes lit up, "That's so cool Papa! I like my name, I was just confused about why I had three names." Peter was happily content with Steve's origin story. He was glad he knew the meaning behind his full name.

"Glad we could clear that up with you bud. Why don't you go hangout with your siblings okay?" Peter squealed out a tiny yet big okay, and ran out of the room to find Harley or Morgan and see if they wanted to play with LEGOS. (Kid fics may be my new favorites to write lol. What do you guys think?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 159