Chapter 188: Missing You

(Apologies for this being so short y'all, and don't worry I'm gonna make a chapter where Peter meets Harley's family. So before you start asking that, just know it's already in the process of being written.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Actually... I just miss you." Is what Peter told his best friend over the phone, he could practically feel Harley's charming smile. It was 2 A.M in New York where Peter lived while in Rose Hill it was 1 A.M. Peter missed Harley like crazy, they'd only been apart for two weeks but neither could stand not texting or calling until late into the night. Harley went to stay with his mother and sister for a few weeks while Peter, of course, was with May in New York.

Even though there was only an hour time difference both teens couldn't help but flair the dramatics and say they were worlds apart. Harley chuckled lightly, fixing the phone against his ear.  "You're such a sap."

"Yeah, but I'm your sap aren't I?" Peter replied back, Harley could practically hear his friend grinning.

"Touché darlin." Peter had no idea when Harley started calling him darlin' but he absolutely loved it. His southern twang was definitely more present when Harley was in Rose Hill than when he was in New York. Almost as if he was suppressing it. He made a mental note to ask him about that later, a wave of deja vu would come over him reminding him just how lucky he was to have him as his friend. They were already making plans for when Harley got back to New York, walking around Central Park, having movie nights, working on projects in the lab.

Their friendship was wholesome, it wasn't always like that, at first the two loathed each other, so much so Tony made the joke of; "The tension in the air is so thick, you could cut it with a knife." It wasn't until he locked them up in a room and forced them to talk about whatever issues they had, otherwise they'd be trapped forever. (Tony bluffed on that part as May would kill him if he did something to hurt her nephew.)

Both boys were incredibly stubborn, it took them an hour to finally sort out their differences and begin the process of slowly becoming friends. And here they were months later, two peas in a pod, even though they were separated a few states apart. "Y'know, my momma and Abbie have been asking about you." Harley said.

Peter smiled, "Really? Besides going to D.C for that decathlon competition. I've never left New York."

He could hear Harley shutting his room door, "You mean the one you didn't attend but a certain masked hero appeared at?"

Peter chuckled, "Shut up!" Harley's laughter was heard on his side.

"I'm just teasin' you Parker. Anyway, during Thanksgiving week do you and May want to come back with me to meet my family?" Harley asked.

Peter sighed, "I'll have to ask May if we're doing anything. Which is doubtful, but if it means she's not going to burn our kitchen down while attempting to make pumpkin pie. I'm all for it."

"May the lord and anime be on your side." Harley replied. They talked for a few minutes before Abbie bursted into Harley's room and told him if he didn't get off the phone he'd have to help Mr. Berkshire with farm chores in the morning. He said goodbye to Peter, Abbie shouted a greeting and Peter laughed saying hello back. The siblings continued arguing when Harley then actually bid his farewells and hung up the phone. Peter was honestly excited to meet Abbie and Ms. Keener in the coming months and hopefully May would be on board for the idea.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 188