Chapter 161: Our Future

The future was exhilarating yet terrifying nonetheless, at least that's how Peter saw it as, his life was a... fanatical mess. He was a superhero, obviously everyone knows what that kind of life entails, although there was a collective that said: "Everyone's becoming a superhero these days, nothing new." Harley admired that about his brother, he was currently finishing his senior year of high school.

While Peter was finishing his junior year, Harley had been preparing for college, and was a little nervous to leave his little brother alone. Peter was going to go into his senior year without his brother to guide him, and Harley thought he was more freaked out than he said. It was Peter, of course he was going to freak out, admittedly, both boys spent a lot of time together and only had two weeks left before Harley had to leave.

They planned two weeks worth of activities, desperately wanting to forget what was going to happen. Both boys worked around Peter's conflicting Spider-Man patrol schedule, and spent many days and nights together doing everything on their list. Harley was amazed at how grown up his brother had become, from a shy, awkward (still a little bit of both) kid, to a now seventeen year old young man.

Growing up, the boys never spent a day apart, except when Peter fell ill and couldn't go to school. Other than that, they were two peas in a pod, even when they got on each other's nerves, the both of them still managed to reconcile and move on. The moment Peter got his powers, he told his brother, who was incredibly proud of him. Harley even helped Peter design his suit, patching Peter up after all of his patrols.

He hoped his brother wouldn't be dumb and not take care of himself, like not eating (just like Tony, he forgot to eat when plagued with things to do), or sleeping, Harley also knew Peter rarely slept. Which caused the younger boy to sleep in late, how would he manage to take care of himself when he always had to be reminded to do so?

He'd task Ned with that, as Peter tended to listen to his best friend more than him, it was quite hilarious too, out of the both of them, Harley got into the most trouble. He was good at pushing buttons and testing peoples limits, just like Tony was when he was younger. Meanwhile Peter was the opposite, like his mother Pepper, Peter was a serious young boy.

He never liked being the center of attention, he was reserved, but when around the people he loves, he comes out of his shell. Harley loved when that happened, all his life Peter was picked on for being the little guy. But when he got his powers, he knew that great power comes with great responsibility.

That was the day he decided to step up and be a hero, for the past two years he's helped the city of New York even assisting The Avengers on some things. But right now? All he cared about was spending the last twenty four hours with his brother before he headed off for college. They were laying down on Harley's bed, it was twelve in the morning, and all they were doing was talking.

"Y'know, you're gonna have to take care of yourself now that I'm leaving." Harley admitted.

Peter chuckled breathlessly, "Yeah, I know. I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow, I wish I could come with you."

"If I could, I'd stuff you in my suitcase bud, but then we'd get into even more trouble." Harley smiled sadly, he then heard sniffling, he turned his head and saw Peter wiping his face, Harley's expression sifted almost immediately.

He scooted closer to his brother and held him in his arms, Peter cried harder, "I... I don't want you to... go." He said, as he clutched Harley's tee shirt.

"I know Pete, I know... I'm gonna miss you too. So much, I promise I'll call you every chance I get and I'm coming back for the holidays." Harley reassured, rubbing his hand up and down Peter's back.

Peter's doe eyes landed on his brother's crystal blue ones. "What... if you forget about me while you're out making friends and doing school stuff?"

Harley kissed Peter's forehead, "I could never forget my little brother, you're my best friend, and I'd be in the utmost despair without you keeping me in check."

After a moment of silence, the brother's kept hugging each other, not wanting the other to let go. "I love you Harls." Peter muttered sleepily.

"Love you too Pete." Harley replied, then he and Peter fell asleep, the next day waking up, eating their last breakfast together, and giving tearful goodbyes as Harley left Peter's sight in the airport. They'd be reunited soon on Thanksgiving, even if it was a few months away, Peter started counting down the days til he'd see Harley again.

(Also what head canons do you guys want me to write about? Comment them! Please and thank you!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 161