Chapter 47: Autism Part 2

I know it's been a while since I promised to write this part two and now you guys get to read it I'm glad you liked part one and I if you haven't then read it and come back to this chapter it'll make more sense if you read part one.

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony and Pepper got an idea. They searched for people both autistic and not, reaching a wide variety of parents and kids, and educating them as best as they could about autism.

It's an online group, however they also meet up with autistic people, specifically the ones who love in New York, so Peter could make friends like him. Peter was super excited, bouncing in his seat as Tony counted down three seconds and then declaring, "The post has gone up!"

Pepper could tell that Peter would want to read the post so she gently set the laptop on his lap and he began reading.

Peter pressed play to see his mother on the screen with a beautiful smile on her face, "Hello everyone! My name is Pepper Potts, but you probably already knew that. My son, Peter, the light of mine and Tony's life was only two years old when diagnosed with autism. Peter has struggled with meeting people like him, who could truly understand him for who he is, inside and out.

He is fifteen years old and is in high school. He loves all things science, Star Wars, Stranger Things, photography, writing, inventing, pretty much everything, and hanging out with his best friends Ned and MJ who agreed to being included in the picture with Peter who is in the center.

His friends understand how Peter is, and they don't treat him like he's different Peter is a smart, kind, caring, and compassionate person who wants to help everyone who needs it

His friends understand how Peter is, and they don't treat him like he's different Peter is a smart, kind, caring, and compassionate person who wants to help everyone who needs it. He's hoping to make friends and anyone in New York wants to meet him please feel free to comment. Please be sure to be around his age, and have parent permission."

100 likes 👍❤️

Comments...

User12: Nice to meet you Peter! Welcome to the group! I'd love to meet you but sadly I live in Utah.

Pepper_Potts: He says hello everyone!

Potato_gun_maker34: Hi Ms. Potts! My name is Harley. I have autism as well. I'm sixteen years old and would love to meet Peter's. We already have a lot of stuff in common and I can tell we'll be great friends. I live in Queens and my mom agreed to meet as long as you have a time and place. ☺️

Pepper_Potts: @Potato_gun_maker34 Hi Harley! Sounds great! Does today, Central Park at 2 work?

Potato_gun_maker34: @Pepper_Potts perfect see you there!

Peter closed the laptop giddy with excitement after seeing the comments. He's going to make another friend! Who has autism just like him! He couldn't wait to leave, dragging his parents out of the house to Central Park.

When they got there a boy recognized Peter. A woman who was with him walked up to Peter and his parents. "Hi my name is Olivia and this is my son Harley, we recognized you guys."

Pepper and Tony started talking to Harley's mom while Peter and Harley got to know each other. "So what's your favorite color?" Harley asked.

"Red what's yours?" Peter replied.

"I like blue also I heard you like Star Wars who's your favorite character?"

"Obi wan kenobi what about you?"

"Han Solo is my favorite." Harley replied.

After that fateful day Peter and Harley hung out all the time. They went to Midtown Tech together, had sleepovers at each other's houses, and even dressed up as Star Wars characters with Ned and Mj on Halloween.

Tony and Pepper were happy they fixed his problem at school by telling everyone he has autism and that he's made a friend who understands him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 47