Chapter 179: Future Self

(Alright everyone, if you haven't seen NWH, DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER! I REPEAT: DO. NOT. READ. THIS. CHAPTER! There will be major spoilers and I don't want to be the cause of you guys getting spoiled and effectively getting myself canceled. So that's the warning, if you have seen the film, proceed with reading.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't kind to people, good or bad, for Peter the world was an incredibly cruel place. He had been dealt such a bad hand from the moment he was born. Luckily he met and became friends with Ned Leeds, that boy is so nerdy and has a big heart. His and Peter's amount of energy synced with each other, they met in third grade. That same year for their class project, they were given the challenge of writing a long lesson for their future selves. Didn't matter what age they had to read it at, they just had to keep it for however long and open it at their lowest point or whenever they needed to.

Peter wrote his letter with the help of his aunt May and uncle Ben, questions a ten year old didn't know how to ask or answer just yet. As years went on Peter completely forgot about the letter, life had been so destructive and melancholy, he just finished up his nightly patrol, getting increasingly tired and annoyed as he swung from the burrows of Manhattan all the way back to his studio apartment in Queens. He snuck inside his window, every time he saw his dingy place it somewhat motivated him to get a better place.

Once he stripped his suit off and took a hot shower he remembered he still had one more box to go through. One he dreaded, even at twenty one years old, a while back he put it under his bed. He sighed, he'd have to open it sooner or later, he bent down and grabbed it out from underneath it. Putting it on his bed, Peter sat criss-crossed and opened the lid. When he looked into it, he found moments and memories of his childhood, he found photos of his family. A complete picture of his parents, him as a baby, aunt May and uncle Ben.

Peter smiled, remembering the good times where he didn't ruin everything. Where he and his family were happy, the more he dug inside the box he ended up finding it. The envelope read: 'Addressed to Peter Benjamin Parker, from Peter Benjamin Parker'. It was also written in caps, DO NOT OPEN UNTIL THE AGE OF TWENTY ONE! Man, was his ten year old self extremely persistent. Peter chucked and tore the envelope open and began reading the contents.

Dear Peter, hi it's me! Mrs. Wembley said I had to write a special but important letter to you. It's twenty percent of my grade so I'm trying to pack as much stuff in here as I can. As you can tell uncle Ben and aunt May are helping me write, so here it goes. Do you drink alcohol? I think it's gross, aunt May drinks the red stuff at night sometimes. Did we get into MIT? I hope we did, and Ned too! He's our best friend, and we're not allowed to get rid of him.

Anyway, do we by any chance have a girlfriend or boyfriend? I heard some girls and guys can have boyfriends, so I just wanted to ask. Oh, how are you? Are you okay? Is adult life cool? Do you get to eat all the ice cream you want? Did we meet the Avengers yet? Iron Man is my favorite! Tony Stark is so cool, I wanna know how he built his suit and altered the mechanics. Sorry, that's a lot of questions. Uncle Ben said I could eat a lot of ice cream when I become an adult. But going back to the original question, how are you doing?

May said to ask and said to tell her how you feel so she could give you a hug. I love Aunt May's hugs, they make you feel warm inside, like you're drinking hot chocolate by the fireplace. Even if you are okay it's good to ask, just incase y'know? That's what uncle Ben says. He's always been the best at pep talks, and cooking... but don't tell May. If you're sad, angry, or anxious, talk to someone. May, Ben, or even Ned, it's not good to be all of those feelings all the time.

You have to let someone in, don't push people away, it's not what we should do. We have family and friends who care about us. I probably should wrap this up because May's attempting to make lasagna and Ben needs my help to make sure our entire apartment building doesn't burn down. Either way, take care future me. I hope our life is awesome and we're happy.

Love, Peter. Peter's eyes welled with tears, he could believe his younger self being so intune with how everyone else felt. The young man found the whole thing so nostalgic. He missed his innocence and naivety, he missed being a kid, he missed his old life. Everywhere Peter went he was reminded of how alone he was, how he had no one, how the ones he loved had no idea who he really was. All of the memories are faded, forever forgotten all because he was simply a superhero.

That was something he'd never really get over, forget, or forgive himself for. It was both daunting and haunting, Peter would now have to spend the rest of his life having a life full of moments with everyone while the world didn't know who Peter Parker was. And unfortunately, it'd have to stay that way till the day he'd die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 179