Chapter 53: Clawing out AU

This was inspired by Buckets_Of_Stars who is an amazing author you guys should check her out!

This AU is where Tony & Peter are wolves no not werewolves they're completely different from each other so I hope you're not confused.

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter's POV

I hate it when I get a sensory overload, especially when I'm hiding a pair of none human ears and a tail all day. It's not as easy as you'd think, I'm completely exhausted both physically and mentally, and all I want to do is put on some pjs and collapse into the wonderful, sweet abyss of slumber.

But noooo! Stupid Parker-Stark luck must have the final word as it profoundedly screams, "Nope! Screw you you're not allowed to sleep!" This is the point where I begin to question my entire wolf existence.

Woo. (Note the sarcasm.)

Now, I'm standing in the tower elevator that seems to run slower than usual, and is the only thing standing between me and the warm haven my bed is, and I can practically smell my covers, FRIDAY, hurry up please! And the pounding feeling drumming in my head is unbearable to the point where I'm whimpering as I rock myself on the elevator floor.

I feel myself succumb to the dizzyness as my thoughts turn to mush. The words "Must, get, to bed," slip out of my mouth as I unconsiously fall against someone's warm arms and then darkness floods my vision.

I don't even have to open my eyes to know where I am, I am in my warm bed, oh, how I've missed you so much. The pain is still there, and I can't help the wince that carries through my entire nervous system but there's the soft, calloused texture brushing against my ear. I let my eyelids flutter open despite the pain that shoots through my body as every sound, every smell, touch makes my body go haywire.

I can't help the childish whimper to slip through my lips as I moan, "D-dad, it hurts."

Dad wore an apologetic yet sympathetic expression, the one where his lips were pressed into a tight smile that offered comfort, his eyes would shine and remind me of the stars that I admire, and his eyebrows would be scrunched up whenever he would try to fix something. He softly carreseed my face, helplessly wishing he could do something more to help than whispering, "I know buddy, sensory overload?"

I nodded, and immediatly winced at the pain and Dad placed both hands under my chin, rubbing all over to soothe the unwelcome pain. He spoke in a whisper, "Kiddo, focus on one sound, that's it. Any sound you want." I closed my eyes and tried to narrow down and all the sounds in my head, focusing on the one that I could never forget-Dad's heartbeat. I mentally spurred myself, "One sound Pete, one sound."

That's when I only heard the rhythm of his heartbeat, and molded my breathing rate to mirror his, and within minutes my eyes drooped shut.

Dad wore a comforting and relaxed smile that he'd often wear whenever he comforted me which meant that he'd stay and watch over me while I slept, "Fall asleep little one, it's okay. I'll be right here when you wake up." He whispered.

So I listened and fell asleep cuddling with my dad as his heart was fading away from my cochlear senses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 53