Chapter 1: Sensory Overload

Today there was going to be an assembly at school. Peter sighed. Most people didn't mind but Peter was terrified. Enhanced senses weren't always a good thing. Ned and Peter walked into the auditorium and sat down by MJ. Then the principal walked onto the stage.

"Alright guys, first we will be having a band come and play." After he walked off stage four men came out. Some kids screamed. Peter could hear every whisper every heartbeat...Everything. The lights started flashing. Peter squeezed his eyes shut and clamped his hands over his ears.

"Peter are you okay?" Ned asked shaking Peter. Some of the kids noticed Peter curled up in ball and crying. Of course they only laughed at him. Ned quickly grabbed his phone and called Mr. Stark. Peter wanted to disappear. His head was exploding and his Spidey sense was about to explode.

"Peter!" A voice from the back of the room called. All eyes turned. Everybody gasped, and some screamed. Tony ignored everybody and walked straight to Peter. "It's going to be okay kid." Tony pulls Peter into a hug then helps him to his feet and basically drags him into the hall. The whole room goes dead silent. What the heck just happened?

Outside the room, Tony took Peter into a dark quiet classroom.

"Peter it's okay," after a couple of minutes Tony was able to manage and remove Peter's hands from his ears and get the kid to open his eyes. Peter was still sobbing.

"Loud...Bright," peter says, "Sorry." Tony pulls Peter in for a hug.

"Shhh Peter it's not your fault. You'll be okay." Tony pulls the kid closer.

"Thanks dad." Tony's heart fluttered at the word dad. To all the Avengers Tony was Peter's dad, but the only people who didn't notice was Peter and Tony themselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In this Peter is Tony's son but the Avengers don't know about Peter or him being Spider-Man.

Peter walked into the elevator like he always did after school, after all it was his house. Then without having to say anything he was brought up to the penthouse.

"Hey dad-." Peter was cut off by screams coming from the living room. He walked in a little farther he saw the Avengers. All of them. Then he saw Steve yelling at his dad, and his dad yelling back. Nobody noticed the young Stark's presence. Peter covered his ears to try and to block out the noise but it didn't work. The lights were too bright the noise was too loud. He could feel everything on him. Tears slipped out of his eyes and Peter curled himself and fell to the floor. No one noticed he was there until FRIDAY spoke.

"Boss, Peter seems to be going into sensory overload shall I turn on the protocol?" Everybody freezes.

Who the heck-." Clint starts to say.

"Everyone be quiet. Hey Peter. It's okay." Tony whispers and bends down. He gently pulls Peter's hands away from his ears. "Come here Peter. It's ok." The young boy wraps his arms around Tony's neck. He rubbed Peter's back. After a couple of minutes Peter calmed down.

"Sorry dad."

"Stop apologizing kid! It's not your fault. I was the one yelling." The two stand up and face the Avengers who look at with wide eyes.

"Hi. I'm Peter Stark. Tony adopted me two years ago after my Aunt died. When I was young my parents died so I lived with my Aunt and Uncle but then they both died so Tony adopted me."

"Huh..." Clint says.

"Wait but what just happened?" Steve asks. Tony sighs and Peter blushes a little. Peter nods at Tony.

"Well remember Germany the Spider-Man. Um Yeah well Peter is Spider-Man." The whole room gasps at him.

"My shield wha?" Steve stutters. Bucky looks at his fist.

"You-My fist." Bucky states.

"So you probably have some questions," Peter states earning a nod from everyone,

"When I was 14 I was bitten by a radioactive spider. Then someone shot my uncle and he died in my arms. So I created web shooters and then went around stopping crime."

"A little while later Tony came over and said he had an "internship" for me as in going to Germany. A month after I got back, I fought the vulture. Two months later my Aunt died from cancer so then he adopted me."

"Oh yeah and the reason that happens is because I have insanely good senses so when something is loud or too bright I go into "sensory overload." And sorry Cap for stealing your shield," Peter adds quickly earning a chuckle from everyone.

"You made your own webs? How?" Bruce asks. Peter froze.

"Oh my gosh Dr. Banner you're amazing I read all your papers!"

"Wow. You must be smart! You should join Tony and I in the lab sometime." Peter smiles and nods.

Then Natasha speaks up, "you should train with us. I want to see what you've got." Peter stares at her in shock.

"R-Really I'd love to!"

Natasha smiles. They spent the rest of the night taking about random things then watch Star Wars half way through Peter yawns and falls asleep on Tony's shoulder. The Avengers smile at him and already want him to join their group.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 1