Chapter 119: Guardian

Every human has an invisible guardian, summoned by magic words long forgotten. Peter has just said the words by accident without even knowing. With his spidey sense he could tell someone was there, but whenever he turned around he saw no one. To be honest he didn't feel scared, he felt a sense of calm come over him, like, the pressures of the world were lifted off his shoulders.

It was like an oasis of sensibility, but he was still confused as to why he kept having that buzzing feeling in the back of his neck. Peter tried to ignore it but somehow his mind went back to it, it began distracting him ALL day. So finally, he had enough, and as soon as he got home, saying goodbye to May as she left for her night shift at the hospital.

Peter went to his room, tossing his backpack onto his desk chair, pacing back and forth, with a feeling of annoyance and uneasiness. What was happening? He wasn't in danger, his school day went pretty well. So why were his spidey senses going off? The whole ordeal was confusing.

As he sat down at his desk and started working on his homework, while jotting down his notes for calculus, Peter kept hearing a tapping sound, even through his headphones. Which was a result of an oncoming sensory overload, he took them off and looked around the room. Again, seeing nothing, he sighed. What was this? The more he thought about this strange feeling, the more anxious he felt.

After he heard the tapping sound again, he turned facing his mirror, as he stalked closer to it he noticed something was written on it. He read it and was taken back, it read: "Hi buddy." Peter gasped, only one person has ever called him that. This couldn't be happening right? There was no way Peter was talking to him.

"U- Uncle Ben?" He questioned, sitting down on his bed, glancing at the mirror, he couldn't tell if he was going insane from lack of sleep, or was someone playing a prank on him. "It's me Pete."

"H- How are you here?" Peter waited, seeing letters once again appear on the glass. "You called me here." What was he talking about? Peter didn't call Ben here.

"I don't understand, I didn't call you here, you're a ghost uncle Ben. You died a long time ago." Peter said.

"I'm what they call an invisible guardian, summoned by magic words long forgotten. You said the words by accident without even knowing. And now I'm here, but I can't talk for long." Ben wrote down, as Peter read aloud.

"What's there to talk about? I've got nothing going on, besides me going into WitSec in a week, for supposedly killing a bad guy." Peter began to ramble but saw more writing.

"What about that girl? What's her name?" He asked.

"Oh, her name's MJ, she's pretty awesome." Peter replied, he felt weird, knowing he was talking to his uncle, but to the untrained eye it looked as though he was talking to himself.

"I know about your whole superhero identity thing, in fact I've been watching you the entire time."

"You have? To be honest, I've screwed up so much. Mr. Stark is probably mad that I gave Beck EDITH, I gave a highly classified super weapon to a bad guy."

"Mr. Stark isn't mad, he's proud of you, myself included. He's mad at Beck for taking advantage of you, he knows you're going to get through this buddy."

"It's hard to believe that, since I'm going into witness protection is my only option, that's the only way to protect everyone. Including the citizens of New York."

"If anyone can figure out a way to help everyone it's you Peter, remember, great power comes great responsibility."

"I know uncle Ben, don't worry, I'll be careful." Peter noticed the buzzing feeling was slowly fading away. Ben was most likely disappearing.

"Uncle Ben, before you go, I- I love you and me and May miss you, a lot, and tell Mr. Stark I said hi. If he's uh, up there y'know." Peter said, clearly he was embarrassed, as he rubbed the back of his neck and cleared his throat.

"I will Pete, and I love you and May too. Take care, don't beat yourself up about this stuff, and don't worry I'll keep an eye on everyone when you go into witness protection."

"Thanks Uncle Ben." And soon, the buzzing feeling was gone, Peter began to sob, he wasn't sad, he was relieved. He felt all of the guilt he's been carrying for so long, it was gone, just like that. Today was a strange yet good day. Much to Peter's mind being overloaded. But it was worth it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 119