Chapter 123: It's A Happy Day

(Alright everyone! Endgame never happened, thank the lord! Peter and MJ are 24 and yeah that's pretty much all that needs to be explained lol.)

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 16th, 2025

The day was here, people were joyous, and most importantly, the occasion was momentous. Peter and Michelle had officially tied the knot, there were cheers, tears, and a lot of smiles. At the moment the young couple were mingling with other guests at the reception, their wedding wasn't big or lavish, (Tony was quickly shot down for doing it up.) it was small and intimate.

Only close family and friends were invited, it wasn't easy to plan, but in the end it was worth it, and though the event wasn't too much, Tony still ended up paying for their honeymoon, much to both Peter and MJ's dismay. While mingling Peter and MJ would occasionally look at each other smiling, it wasn't just happy smiles, it was adoring and love filled smiles.

This entire day was magical to them. They couldn't believe that they were standing with the one they loved, Peter adored his wife, and MJ adored her husband, they definitely weren't going to get tired of calling each other that.

The night was slowly coming to an end, and everyone was winding down, stepping off the dance floor, Peter and Michelle said their farewells to the guests and to their friends and family.

Then they drove off to the hotel that was booked for them, before getting on a plane for their honeymoon in Paris the next morning, since they couldn't go when they were teens, on their school field trip abroad.

As they were running for their lives against a guy in a costume with a fish bowl. Hand in hand, they walked up to their room and went in. Sighing in relief they didn't have to talk to people but each other for the rest of the night.

Taking off her coat and shoes, changing into something comfier MJ lays down on the bed, closing her eyes, and smiling to herself. She felt the bed shift, and looking to her left Peter was laying down next to her. Smiling down at her, as he was taller, which to her surprise actually happened.

Throughout their sophomore year of high school, she noticed Peter seemed to be getting taller than her and Ned. Since most of the time she knew him, the one thing about his personality that hasn't changed, was his selflessness, he didn't have a selfish bone in his body, and always wore his heart on his sleeve. Michelle found that he was still incredibly shy and nerdy, even as an adult, he still gets tongue tied. But that's a key factor in what she loves about him.

Peter would say that MJ keeps him grounded, she doesn't let him get over his head with things, simple or not. After years of being with her, he was able to crack that hard wall of protection she always hid behind. She was allowed to be vulnerable but also strong, he always told her that she didn't always have to put on a facade.

So in their vows, they promised to be honest, about everything. Of course the vows they wrote were different than the ones they read aloud, in front of everyone. Tony had given a speech, Peter teared up just thinking about it. (The scene you're about to read is in italics)

Peter and MJ were sitting next to each other, at the table, May was on Peter's left, while Pepper was next to May as well as Morgan. Tony was standing in front of everyone with a microphone in his hand, while also holding a glass of champagne.

He started off his speech, "So when I met Peter, he was this 15 year old kid, who has and still, wears his heart on his sleeve. One the bravest kids I had ever seen, he told me: "Being a superhero isn't your only identity, you also have to balance life, in general. But also learn to take a step back, breathe, and focus on what's more important."

"Sure, saving the world is important, but caring for the ones you love is important too. Michelle is all he ever use to talk about: "Hey Mr. Stark! MJ FINALLY watched all of the Star Wars movies with me! As long as I promised I'd watch all the Harry Potter ones too." Or, "Mr. Stark, I did what you told me! And MJ agreed to go on a date, though I was a stuttering mess the whole time, I made progress!"

The crowd laughed, including Peter himself, he smiled shyly as Tony continued on. "Peter you my boy are lucky, it's not every day people find their soulmate. And Michelle, you can't back out now, Peter warned you that if you said yes, you'd be in it for the long haul. But either way, welcome to the family. And kid, I've never been more proud of the man you've become, and I love you to the moon and back."

Tony raised his glass, "To Peter and MJ, may you be together forever, and also bring a new generation of Parker-Jones into the world." Everyone laughed and cheered, MJ turned to her husband and leaned her head on his shoulder, as Peter kissed her forehead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter sighed, "Tonight was the most amazing of my life." He said. MJ nodded her head in agreement, "I agree, it was magical." She replied.

"I love you, did you know that?" Peter asked. MJ turned to him, "Yeah, I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't." She answered, holding up her hand, showing her wedding ring. Later on the newlywed couple changed into pajamas, and finally laying down to fall asleep. MJ kissed Peter, "Goodnight Mr. Parker-Jones." She said smiling, Peter could get used to her saying that for the rest of eternity.

"Goodnight Mrs. Parker-Jones." He replied, cuddling with her and falling asleep. (This entire post is too pure, my god. I also apologize for this being short.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 123