Chapter 171: Sick Leave A Request by Percebeth_Spidchele

(Alright, hello everyone! Sorry this request took so long and it's so short, you guys have been giving me some good stuff. Also the ban on NWH chapters will be lifted next week, so when I start posting those chapters I will give a spoiler. So don't go yelling at me that I spoiled you, I did give a week notice. I'll also post something similar on my message board incase it doesn't get across.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony woke up on the wrong note, he had a sinus headache, sore throat, and rattling cough. Overall he felt like he was hit by a bus, he forced himself to get up, take some advil and drink some water and tea. Most of the team were doing their daily routines, except Natasha she helped Tony a little and then headed to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters to meet Fury.

While he was working on his computer he was miserable, no one checked in (besides Nat), no one made him food, and what made it worse is that the team knew he was sick but did nothing about it. It was horrible, he didn't even know how he got sick in the first place. By three o'clock he'd fallen asleep and barely got any of his work done.

He sighed, walking out to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea, he tried reaching for a cup but couldn't grab it. He looked at his so-called "friends'' and they kept doing what they were doing. He somehow got the mug while struggling, he made his tea and before he went back to his room he muttered; "Yeah, not like I needed help. Thanks guys."

He went back to his room and tried to fall asleep, but couldn't, due to the stinging pain in his eyes every time he closed them. F.R.I.D.A.Y had said something to him but it was incoherent on his end, until another voice popped up, when he met his gaze, he knew it was Peter. The boy had a concerned expression on his face, he had put the back of his hand to Tony's forehead and his face changed.

"Mr. Stark, have you been drinking enough water and eating food?" He asked, he definitely found out where his parental instincts came from, I'll thank May later when I get a chance, he thought.

Peter sighed, mumbling some stuff Tony couldn't really pick up on, but he got a few words like; "what", "kill", "idiots". He assumed he was talking about the team, and by the little catchings of Peter's tone he was mad to say the least. When done with giving Tony some food he said he'd be back and Tony had better be done with eating.

The young teen walked out to the living room seeing the few adults watching tv or reading some books. The rage inside him became too much, so he went and grabbed the remote off the coffee table, shutting the tv off and turning towards the adults. "Hey! Why'd you do that kid? The movie was just getting good." Sam exclaimed.

"The bad guy is the main characters best friend, did any of you know Mr. Stark was sick or were you too 'busy' to care?" Not only was Peter mad, but he also didn't care he spoiled their movie, and judging by their silence he knew they weren't paying attention.

Peter shouted, "You all knew Mr. Stark was sick, and did absolutely nothing to help him?!"

"Peter, you know how the man is! Even if we offered, he'd refuse our help. Besides, Bruce isn't here to help." Bucky replied.

"Yes, James, because that justifies acting like jerks and not even checking his temperature!" Peter almost laughed, Bucky's logic was flawed.

Nat crossed her arms, "I checked on him a little while ago and made him a new cup of tea. I was at Shield most of the day, I told him to ask for help from me since the rest of you are completely incompetent."

Peter made sure to look at the other men except for Natasha before speaking in a low voice. One thing was for sure, they'd never heard before, "Just know if any of you get sick worse than Mr. Stark, just know you've not only signed your death warrants, you've also officially burned a bridge with me and will no longer be acknowledged."

Natasha nodded her head in agreement and sat while the others scrambled to get up and be useful, meanwhile Peter went back to Tony who was awake and smirking. "You had F.R.I.D.A.Y record that, didn't you?" He asked.

"Definitely, I may be sick but I'm not entirely opposed to blackmailing, kid." Tony chuckled, surprised he didn't cough.

Peter shook his head, "You should really be resting, not blackmailing people."

For the rest of the night Peter had been taking care of his mentor, giving him medicine, reading with him, watching movies, the whole nine yards. Tony was grateful for the kid, he knew he was good, but he didn't know just how good and pure he was. He vowed not to make him angry, and before dozing off he said; "Thanks for helping me today Peter, I don't usually say this but I love you kiddo."

Peter smiled laying his head on Tony's shoulder, "No problem Mr. Stark, you would've done the same for me. Love you too." The week after that Tony felt a whole heaps better thanks to Peter and Natasha for nursing him back to health. He was absolutely going to praise to no end to May, about how good their kid was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 171