Chapter 172: Boho Days

(Alright everyone, as you can see by the title, this chapter is based off of tick, tick... BOOM! The new Netflix movie starring our other beloved fellow English Spider-Man Andrew Garfield as Jonathan Larson. I love this song even though it's shorter than the original, this chapter is relatively short but I kind of wanted to write a chapter with this song in it. Of course I'm basing this off the movie, NOT the actual Mr. Larson as I don't want to disrespect his memory in any way. Hopefully that made sense, if it didn't I'll try to explain it as best as I can.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter, Harley, MJ, and Ned were sitting in rehearsals at Midtown Tech for the school's production of tick, tick... BOOM! Peter loved theater and the performing arts, his aunt always said he had a knack of getting people's attention with his words or just being clumsy and tripping over air. This year for their school's annual musical they chose that one, and Peter, for the first time ever, was casted as the lead. He was excited of course, but also nervous.

He was glad Ned, Harley, and MJ were doing this with him, although it took a lot of persuasion to get them on board. But eventually they joined in, and it turned out to be really fun for them, neither Peter, Harley, nor Ned knew MJ could sing. The three of them agreed her voice was insanely beautiful, she definitely hated being complimented on it. Ned's voice was fit for jazz-like songs, even he was surprised at how good he was.

And even if he wouldn't admit it, Harley's southern accent coming through with certain words in each song made Peter get butterflies. Again, he would never admit this to anyone in confidence of any capacity. Meanwhile with Peter he didn't necessarily like singing in front of people, no matter who they were, he didn't even sing in front of May.

And that was saying something, this time for rehearsal, Tony was sitting next to May, they were excited to hear Peter's voice before opening night the following week. A couple of their classmates began playing the instruments and Peter shook off his nerves. "This is the life, bo-bo, bo-bo-bo, this is the life, bo-bo, bo-bo-bo." He started.

He picked up the pace and slicked back his hair, "This is the life, bo-bo, bo-bo-bo. Bohemia."

"Shower's in the kitchen, there might be some soap. Dishes in the sink, brush your teeth if you can cope." Tony and May bopped their heads along, amazed at Peter's acting.

"Toilet's in the closet, you better hope, there's a light bulb in there. Revolving door roommates prick up your ears, 14 people in just four years."

MJ, Harley, and Ned were laughing along with everyone, "Ann, and Max, and Jonathan, and Carolyn, and Kerri. David, Tim, no, Tim was just a guest from June to January"

Peter had no idea how fun the whole performing thing would be, he had no guarantee he'd actually get the role. "Margaret, Lisa, David, Susie, Stephen, Joe, and Sam."

When he did, it was all nerve wracking, how in the world was he supposed to sing in front of an auditorium full of people? "And Elsa, the bill collector's dream who still is on the lam. Don't forget the neighbors, Michelle and Gay."

"More like a family than your family, hey, the time is flying and everything is dying."

He grabbed Harley's hand and began dancing with his friend. "I thought by now I'd have a dog, a kid, and wife. The ship is sort of sinking, so let's start drinking."

"Before we start thinking, "Is this the life?" This is the life, bo-bo, bo-bo-bo."

Everyone on the stage began singing along, "This is the life, bo-bo, bo-bo-bo. This is the life, bo-bo, bo-bo-bo."

"Bohemia, Bohemia, one more time!"

Peter's smile was infectious as they ended the song, their director applauded them. Incredibly happy with the results. "Bohemia! Bo-bo, bo-bo-bo, whoa." Once rehearsals were done, everyone dispersed, Peter, Harley, MJ, and Ned met up with Tony and May leaving the school building, heading to grab food then head back to the compound.

"You guys were awesome! I can't wait for the entire show." May complimented.

Tony nodded in agreement with May, "What she said kids."

The teens smiled, "We're excited too May, if you both do something like get sick or severely injured and can't do the show. I will never forgive you." MJ teased.

Peter rolled his eyes in response, "I mean, you chose to do the show M. If we get sick our understudies will take over."

"Yeah, you won't be by yourself!" Ned exclaimed.

"I only agreed to do this if you both were going to. Therefore I would be by myself." MJ replied.

"You'd have me I wouldn't let ya down MJ." Harley said, buttering her up with his accent.

"Appreciate it Keener, but you kissing my butt won't work." The adults laughed at the teens' antics and a week later, they performed their production of tick, tick... BOOM! And their show was even better than the rehearsals. Everyone was proud of their accomplishments, receiving a standing ovation. All that effort didn't go to waste.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 172