Chapter 50: Harley Part 2

(I had this cute idea where Peter and Harley would become friends but soon wouldn't just like each other as friends but as something more I kind of ship them as a couple but I also ship them as friends/brothers so don't hate me please and thank you)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony's POV

Peter and Harley have gotten close but something weird is going on with Peter and I can't quite put my finger on it do I interrogate him? Or secretly spy on him? I can't exactly pick which one I want to choose.

I can figure it out I just have to observe his behavior and put two and two together then I'll know what's going on Harley's been acting quite strange as well I'll investigate him after Peter.

Just observe them and then bam! 2 plus 2 is 4. Then I'll know what's up. But I'll ask Peter first cause it's lab day.

Peter and I were quietly working in the lab him at his desk and me at my own I noticed he was really red in the face staring off into space. What's on his mind?

I'll ask him. Maybe it's a good thing to just ask upfront? "Hey Peter why are you red in the face and staring off into space?" Hey that rhymes, wait no, Tony focus! What if something's wrong?

What if he's sick? Wait I thought he couldn't get sick anymore, not after the whole radioactive spider thing. Why must I assert myself into others lives but not care about my own?

Well 1. I'm bored 2. I have to protect the kids with my life and 3. meddling in their business is my business. I know I sound like a child but still I'd kill someone if they hurt them and then kill myself.

"Hey Pete?"

He jolted turning to me, "Y-yeah Mr. S-stark?" He replied.

"What's on your mind? You're literally staring into the void of space."

"I'm o-okay."

"Peter, you have a tell wanna know what it is?"

"What i-is my tell?" He asked.

"Oh it's easy really 1. You suck at lying and 2. You stutter when you lie." I told him.

"Are you an expert on human behavior?"

"Yeah I studied it while studying quantum physics." What is going on with you kid? "Peter you can tell me anything you know that right?"

"Yeah it's just I don't know how'd you react to what I want to tell you."

"I'm not gonna be angry. I just want you to be okay kid."

He took in a sharp breath before explaining, "I may have a crush on someone."

Seriously, that's what he's been hiding this entire time? I thought he was in immortal danger gosh darn it Peter. "Who's the girl?" I asked.

"That's the thing Mr. Stark they're not a girl." He looked away with an expression of fear written all over his face.

I got up from my table and walked to him kneeling down and meeting his eyes. "I-i'm sorry Mr. Stark I u-understand if you h-hate me an-"

Before he could continue, I hugged him he tucked his head into my shoulder and started crying. "Hey it's okay Pete I'm not mad I'm glad you have a crush." I comforted softly.

"You're not mad?" He asked.

"No I'm not, who's this person who caught your eye?"

"Harley Keener."

"Whoa seriously I thought it'd take more prying to get you to tell me, does he know?"

And by the silence he gave me that was a definite no I exclaimed, "You've gotta tell him!"

"What no I-I can't!"

"Peter if you can stop a bus with your bare hands, take on Captain America, fight that Vulture guy, and almost get that gauntlet off of Thanos then you can tell your crush your feelings."

I stood back up and started pushing him to the elevator and pressed the button for the floor Harley would most likely be on and pushed him in. I cheered him on, "Go get em Pete!"

And just like that he was gone and he'll most likely tell me all about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter's POV

I'm nervous what if Harley doesn't like me back? Gosh why does my love life have to suck?! Thoughts were swirling around in my head as I finally got to Harley's room door contemplating if I should turn back.

But I thought about what Mr. Stark said and knocked on the door hearing Harley say come in obviously because I have super hearing. I saw Harley sitting on his bed reading.

"Hey Peter what's up?" He asked.

C'mon Pete it's now or never! I can't keep this from him forever eventually the truth is going to come out and now is the time to tell the truth.

"I need to tell you something important and I don't want you to be upset with me okay?"

"Peter why would I be upset with you?" He asked.

"Just hear me out...I um have a crush on someone and I don't know if they like me back what do you think I should do?"

He looked sad almost like he was disappointed maybe he is mad at me. "Well I'd say tell them how you feel and if they don't like you back then it's their loss."

He smiled, "They're missing out on dating an awesome amazing person like you."

"What if I told you that person was you, what would you think then?" I asked.

He looked shocked but he placed his book beside him and walked towards me before we were inches apart. "I think I like you too."

I started blushing, "Why don't we just stop thinking for a second and act I mean what's the worst that could happen?"

"Good idea Parker." And before I knew it, Harley was kissing me and it was amazing it was short but sweet.

"I think I'd like to cordially invite you on a date Mr. Keener if you'd accept." (Peter is asking his crush out instead of the other way around! I stan)

"I'd like to go on a date with you Peter." Harley replied.

"How about tonight I'll pick you up say 8pm?" I asked.

He kissed my forehead, "Sounds good."

"Then I'll see you later tonight." After that I turned and left his room running to the elevator going to Mr. Stark who was confused but I told him everything that happened, excluding the kiss. And he was happy for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 50