Chapter 132: Reality Part 2

Peter stood with Natasha, Tony, Steve and a few other people in the Avengers Compound. "So you pushed time through Scott instead of pushing him through time?" Peter asked, Natasha nodded. He chuckled in response, Nat smiled back.

"It was kind of funny, it's good to see you маленький паук." (Little Spider)

"Я тоже рада тебя видеть, мама." (It's good to see you too Mama)

"So you're still fluent? Good job!" Natasha exclaimed, the only people she could speak her native language was Peter and Bucky. It came in handy when she was mad at any of the team and pretended to talk smack right in front of their faces. It was funny to just see their expressions when they were having a normal conversation, but everyone was questioning what was happening.

There were many sleepless days and nights, as everyone pitched in to find a way to bring back the fifty percent of the population back. Most of the time Peter, Tony, and Bruce were in the lab figuring out how to make sure everyone comes back unharmed, and for nothing to change. Bruce came up with the idea that when Peter's classmates come back, to make a serum for them to become adults. (Okay, it sounded better in my mind, so just go with it.)

They corrected the serum and stored it in a safe place, while everyone else was building the time machine. Peter got to know Scott more and learned he had a daughter named Cassie. He was a pretty cool guy though Rocket kept making fun of him. To be honest, Peter was nervous about this entire operation, he had no idea if it was going to work, or if anyone would come back.

He spent so much time grieving May, Ned, and MJ over the past five years it was to think they could all be back in a few days. He sighed, having fiddled with his suit for some hours, he eventually gave up. Peter felt a hand on his shoulder, and knew it was Tony, he looked up at and then leaned his head against Tony. "You okay kiddo?" The older man questioned.

"Yeah, just worried is all." Peter replied.

Tony started running his fingers through Peter's tousled brunette curls, "What are you worried about?"

"It's just- I'm worried about seeing May and Ned, and even MJ, they'll have so many questions that I don't know how to answer. And for the longest time I accepted that they were gone, that they weren't coming back."

"What if this whole thing fails and I give myself false hope, and when it does fail, how am I supposed to get over it?" Tony kind of knew what he was talking about, he saw how Peter spiraled into an unhealthy grieving period. He really didn't want him to sink back into that incase the plan didn't work.

"I know it's hard Pete, believe me I do, I saw what you went through. You've come way too far to go back down that rabbit hole, questioning yourself asking: "Why wasn't I fast enough?" or "Why couldn't I save them?"." Tony explained.

"Sometimes things don't always go our way, yes it sucks, but it's how we get back up and continue to live for the people that matter most to us that counts." Peter nodded, he understood what Tony meant, but now, the fate of the world was at risk. And they needed desperately to help those who have fallen.

So that was the plan, everyone was suited up and ready to go. Standing on the machine, Natasha smiles and looks at Peter. "See you in a minute." Unbeknownst to them, that would be the last time they'd see her. "Here we go." Peter thought. (I apologize for this part being as short as it is. I promise Part 3 will be longer.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 132