Chapter 184: I Larb You

(This chapter may be the fluffiest one yet. I'll let y'all be the judge of that lol. Also sorry it's so short.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter has never been good at telling the people in his life that he loves them, his parents, May, Ben, and his friends. It wasn't that he didn't love them, the problem was that he couldn't say the big three sentence. Those words were important, majorly so, but he didn't know how to say them, so instead he showed how he felt through his actions. At the current moment, he'd been dating Harley for two years now, neither of them had said it yet, well, that was before Harley told Peter he loved him one night.

Peter had no idea how to respond, it was an awkward conversation when he had to explain why he didn't tell Harley he loved him too. Seeing the hurt, soul crushing expression on his face made Peter regret everything. He felt so guilty, that's when he vowed to practice saying 'I love you' to his loved ones. It's been a couple of weeks, and he has tried but it wasn't as easy as he thought it was. He didn't know why it was so hard, Harley lets it slip off his tongue so easily, it isn't difficult for him.

So why couldn't he say it? Once getting home from an evening out with Harley and May at their favorite Thai place, Peter was quietly stewing in frustration. Harley noticed his boyfriend's quiet demeanor and questioned him about it, Peter threw his hands up and grunted in anger, mainly directed at himself. "I've been trying to say it for weeks!" He exclaimed, Harley knew exactly what he was talking about, as he was helping Peter work on saying that sentence.

It kind of made him feel bad, but at the same time he didn't know why Peter was struggling this much. "It's easy, all you have to do is say I love you Pete."

Peter crossed his arms, "It's easy for you!"

Harley rolled his eyes playfully, "I love you."

Peter scoffed, "Now you're just showing off."

He smirked in response and said in a sing song tone, "I lovvvee youuu." Peter pouted, it was insanely annoying but heart melting as Harley was able to say that. Harley walked closer and sat on the bed cupping Peter's face, looking into his brown doe eyes. He planted a kiss on his right cheek, left cheek, and forehead for each word. Watching as Peter flushed red in his entire expression.

Harley suggested, "Alright, if it's so hard for you to say, let's come up with an alternative."

"Like what?" Peter asked.

Harley thought about it and made it up as they went along. "What about larb? It's that one dish at the Thai place. And it's kind of endearing."

Peter laughed, "Seriously?" Harley nodded and watched as Peter thought about it. It made Harley laugh, he loved this boy but he had a tendency to overthink or minimize everything in his life. Peter finally got the courage, staring into Harley's blue eyes, "I.. I larb you Harley." To which Harley responded with the biggest grin he could muster without laughing and pressed his lips against Peter's.

He was both proud and happy, now he isn't the only one of the two conveying those feelings. He hugged his lover and then they got ready for bed, settling down and watching a movie. Peter didn't last the first ten minutes and dozed off while Harley turned the tv off, kissed Peter's temple, and fell asleep himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 184