Chapter 8: Vulture Part 2

Peter's POV

I woke up in my room at the compound and got dressed then got in my wheelchair. I wheeled myself to the kitchen and saw the team at the table and Cap was making breakfast.

"Good morning everybody." I greeted.

"Morning Peter." Natasha said.

"How'd you sleep Underroos?" Mr. Stark asked.

"Good."

"Where's Aunt May?" I asked.

"She's at work she said she would be at the apartment later and then come over." Mr. Stark said.

"Oh okay."

Steve finished breakfast and we ate. After I did my physical therapy and I took three steps same as the first time not much has changed except those three steps. I'm grateful for it because usually I would be paralyzed for the rest of my life but Dr. Banner saved me in a way. I worked on a few projects in the lab and helped Mr. Stark with an equation.

I headed back to the living room and saw everyone playing Mario Cart. I looked at the clock and it was 7pm Aunt May got off work at 5pm because it was Tuesday.

"Mr. Stark has Aunt May texted you?" I asked.

"Hang on I'll check."

Mr. Stark took out his phone and and Aunt May texted him an hour ago and should be here now. "Can we go to the apartment?" I asked.

"Maybe she's stuck in traffic."

"At 7pm?" Natasha asked annoyed.

"Aunt May would've texted me saying she was in the elevator." I said.

"She could be in trouble." Steve said.

"Okay let's go kiddo." Mr. Stark said.

Me and Mr. Stark went to the garage and got in the car then to the apartment. We got to my apartment and went to open the door when we did it was unlocked. "Aunt May it's me and Mr. Stark?" I called out.

She still didn't answer. I wheeled myself to her room and opened the door. Then I saw her body on the floor in a pool of blood. "No!" I yelled then i started sobbing. My last living relative is gone."Kid what's wrong?"

He gasped seeing May's body. He leaned down towards me and hugged me while I cried on his shoulder. I saw something laying next to May it looked like paper. "M-Mr. S-stark."

"There's something by May."

He let go of me and picked up the piece of paper and it was a note. He looked furious.

"Let me see it." He handed me the note and I read it. (Here's a visual of the note)

I told you I would kill everyone you love.
I knew exactly who wrote the note and all I felt was. Anger, Sadness, Emptiness, Lost, Broken.

And it was Toomes fault he killed my Aunt. "I'm calling the police." Mr. Stark said.

I didn't even care about what he said I didn't talk and everything went by in a flash. "C'mon kiddo we're going back to the compound." We went back to the compound and I didn't speak a word.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony's POV

We went in the living room and I saw the team standing there looking sad and worried for Peter. He wheeled himself into his room and shut the door. Everyone looked back at me.

"We saw the news." Pepper said.

"He hasn't spoken a single word." I said.

"Friday what's peter doing?" Wanda asked.

"Mr. Parker is sitting in his room."

"How are his anxiety levels?" I asked.

"88% sir." The AI responded.

"Is he going to have an attack?" Nat asked.

"I estimate in 5 minutes yes."

"Tony you need to talk to him." Pepper said.

"I'm going to."

"Pepper could you work on getting adoption papers for peter?" I asked my wife.

"Sure." While pepper worked on that I went to Peter's room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter's POV

I started panicking i was thinking about Aunt May dying and I couldn't save her. Then Mr. Stark came in. "Peter calm down."

"It's okay I'm here for you."

I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Are you okay now?" He asked.

I nodded. I didn't want to talk to anyone."Okay."

"Peter why aren't you talking?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Well if you want to talk we're here." He left and headed back to the team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony's POV

I walked back to the living room where I met the team. "The adoption papers will be here tomorrow." Pepper said.

"Good."

"How is he?" Nat asked.

"He's fine now but he isn't talking."

"Well he did just find his aunt dead in their apartment." Steve said.

"He's already lost his parents,uncle and now his aunt and it's taken a toll on him." Nat said.

"My poor baby brother." Wanda said.

(Wanda considers peter her baby brother)

"We're not letting him go in the system because he would be moved around too much." I said.

"Agreed."

"So what do we do?" Sam asked.

"We wait for the adoption papers." Pepper said.

"But who is taking guardianship?" Nat asked.

"Me and Pepper." I said.

"He's already your son." Scott said.

"You guys have a father son relationship." Bruce said.

"I doubt he'll call us mom and dad tho." Pepper said.

"You never know." Nat said.

"Well I'm tired goodnight guys." I said.

"Yeah me too." Pepper said.

We all headed to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day.

Peter's POV

I miss May I want her back. I bet child protective services are coming to take me away. I got dressed then went to the living room and grabbed an apple. "Hey peter." Pepper said.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey kiddo I have something for you to read and sign."

"Okay."

I wheeled over to the table where everyone was. "Read this."  "Adoption certificate?"

Then it sunk in. "Y-You want to a-adopt me?" I asked.

"Yeah we do we love you peter and you already are our son even though we don't share the same blood." Pepper and Mr. Stark said kneeling down to me.

"Thank you." I said hugging them.

"You're welcome."

"If you want you can call us mom and dad if not that's fine."

"Okay mom."

I signed the papers and then Mr. Stark and Pepper became my parents. We had a movie marathon that following night then it was time for bed.

"Goodnight Peter." Pepper said.

"Goodnight mom."

"Goodnight Underroos."

"Goodnight dad." They gave me a hug and kissed my forehead. Then I fell asleep with no nightmares.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 8