Chapter 169: Are You Hearing Me?! REVAMPED

(Alright everyone, as you can see this chapter is once again a revamped one. There are a few things changed about this one than the original. Including the characters and the dialogue, let's see if those who've been here since the beginning of this book notice lol. Hopefully this one is better than the other one.)

Anyway, on with the other story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was not starting in the way Peter expected, he woke up grogginess tainting his eyes as soon as he opened them. The world around him was quiet, at first when he was young, he thought his life was normal. Sign language was all he knew, that's how he communicated, when he got his hearing aids everything was so overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time.

Putting his hearing aids on and getting ready for school, once he exited his room dressed and ready to go besides having to eat breakfast he was ready for school. Peter walked out to the kitchen of the compound and saw his parents and sister. Both Tony and Pepper greeted him with a smile, "Morning Peter." His father signed.

"Good morning sweetie." Pepper signed.

"Morning everyone." Peter signed back.

"Ready for some breakfast?" Tony asked.

"Yes please." Peter sat down next to Morgan as she poured heavy amounts of syrup on her pancakes. "What are you doing at school today?" Pepper questioned.

Peter sighed, "I have a calculus test and a report on the American revolution to give to my teacher today." He was dreading his test, even though he studied for weeks beforehand.

"I know you're going to ace your test bud but good luck anyway." Tony signed.

"Yeah Pete! You're gonna be the best!" Morgan exclaimed, Morgan was always a loud kid, but she always knew when to turn down her tone. That's what Peter loved about her, she was being herself but she was also taking into account how he was feeling.

"Thanks dad." Peter signed back.

"You're welcome bud." Peter glanced at the clock and finished his breakfast because he had to get going, or else he'd be written up as late and he definitely didn't want that. "I gotta go." Peter signed.

"Bye bud, remember Happy's picking you up." Tony said.

"Bye." Peter signed, before heading out to the elevator and meeting Happy in the driveway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Midtown High School the entire place was pretty diverse, many teens from different backgrounds, Peter felt somewhat normal, he had his best friends Ned and MJ (though his crush towards the young woman would grow every time she gave him a sliver of her attention) and he had his interpreter Cecil, who arrived at school and was waiting for him at his locker. "Hi Cecil." Peter greeted.

"Morning Pete." He signed back, Peter turned to open his locker while Cecil saw Ned and Michelle walking towards him so he signed to him that they were coming.

"Peter, Ned and MJ are walking toward you." He said.

"Okay." He replied back. Ned and MJ had learned sign language when they were eight years old in third grade to help him and that made their friendship stronger than ever. Peter thought it was nice to communicate with other people other than Cecil and his parents.

"Hey Peter." They both said.

"Hey guys, ready for the calculus test?" Peter asked after he gathered his books and started walking with them to their first period.

"Yeah." They signed. The bell was heard as they entered their classroom Peter sat with Cecil so they could communicate. Cecil was a nice guy and has been with him for some years now, Peter had considered him one of his closest friends. Unfortunately Peter sat in front of Flash and he was trying to pick on him but Cecil wasn't having it she gave Flash the "back off or I'm gonna kill you and no one would find the body" look and Flash backed off but had a plan in motion.