Chapter 78: Onward Part 2

(You guys said you wanted part two so here it is! Part 2 of Onward.)

As Peter, Harley, and Tony sat in the cab, a bunch of thoughts were running through both of the teens heads. They could possibly be meeting their dad, today how could they not be freaking out?

Traffic was no joke, it was already eleven forty five P.M. at this rate they wouldn't be able to do a whole lot of anything with Tony. They both felt disappointed in themselves and the spell.

They should've at least asked for help but the two brothers got caught up in the moment before realizing that they couldn't take it back.

Peter was genuinely freaking out, this was his one chance and he blew it. He never thought in a million years he'd get to meet his dad, all he's heard are stories of what him, Harley, and his mom used to do together. It wasn't the same, and how often would a chance like this strike again? Everyone talks about second chances, but never third. Because they're nonexistent.

Peter kept adjusting the strap of his seatbelt, Harley knew he was nervous because Peter tends to fiddle with anything he can get his hands on.

Harley slowly raised his hand to Peter's stopping him from fiddling. Peter looked at his brother with an embarrassed expression.

"It's okay to be nervous, bud. You'll get to meet him." Harley said with a gentle smile appearing on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cab came to a halt and it was time for them to get out, Harley got out and then got Tony luckily without messing up the disguise.

They arrived at the Sanctum Sanctorum, home to the master of the mystical arts, or commonly known as Dr. Strange.

Both brothers knew he could do magic, so they knew how to get Tony to stay for a little bit longer. But they were afraid they wouldn't get to say all of the things they wanted to before he passed.

They walked into the sanctum and were greeted by Strange's peers and soon saw the friendly face of Wong. "Hello Harley, Peter. What are you two doing here?" He asks.

"Ummm... hi Wong, do you know where Mr. Strange is?" Harley asks.

"Yes, he's in the library." Wong replied.

"Alright c-could you take us to him?" Peter asks, somehow Harley's grip on Tony lessened letting Tony walk forward making Wong, Harley, and Peter scream.

Wong because he's freaked out, Harley because he screwed up, and Peter because he was startled by the loud noise of his brother and Wong yelling.

"We need Mr. Strange's help... please." Wong nodded but wide eyed, he walked with them to the library.

While walking Harley fixed Tony's disguise, they got to the library walking in and finding Stephen by himself with a stack of books next to him and one in his hands. He looked up to see the three beings coming towards him.

"Oh, hello Harley and Peter." He greeted them.

"Hi Mr. Strange, we need your help but could we go somewhere private?" Peter said.

He nodded to Wong and Wong got the few people in the library out. Strange put his books away and went back to the two boys.

"So what do you need help with?" He asked them, curious about the person they were holding.

They explained everything and even Strange was a little weirded out. It's not everyday he deals with a back to life spell. But nonetheless he agreed to help the boys but the process would take a little bit.

So he had Harley and Peter sit outside, who settled on a dark wooden bench. Tired and in need of support, Peter rested his head on Harley's shoulder.

"Do you think it'll work?" Peter asked in a small voice.

"Yeah I think so, I just hope he forgives me." Harley said in a saddened tone.

What does he mean by "I hope he forgives me"? Peter was confused, "What do you mean Harls?" He asks.

Harley took a moment before he spoke remembering what happened on the fateful day, when his father passed away.

"When dad got sick. I was supposed to go say goodbye, and as a five year old kid I just got scared. And that was the day I swore I would never get scared of anything." Harley admitted.

That made Peter think, he looked at the clock seeing that a lot of time passed. Maybe Harley should talk to dad on his own, that way he'll tell dad everything he wanted to before he died.

Peter looked up at his big brother, "I may have grown up without a father but, I- I had you. Without you I wouldn't be somewhat adventurous, without you I wouldn't have learned everything I know, you stepped up when dad died. And I never thanked you for all the times I've been sad or hurt or just downright angry."

He continued, "You're the best big brother any sibling could ever ask for Harley, and I'm sorry if I've been difficult at times. I guess I've been feeling a lot of things that are related to dad."

"But Peter-" Harley started to say. Soon Strange came out to the room and told them they had only a few minutes.

"Go see dad I'll be okay." Peter told him. Harley walked into the room and
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile with Harley he walked into the library, he saw Tony who stood skimming through the books on a nearby shelf. "H-hi dad." He said.

Tony turned around, "H-Harley? Is that you?" He asked. Harley nodded, both of them walked over to each other standing there. Neither of them knew what to say.

"You've gotten so tall and older too." He said with a gentle smile.

"Yeah I did,"Harley said.

Tony hugged him and Harley cried, "Don't cry bud it's okay, everything is okay." Tony made circular motions on his back.

"I missed you so much, mom too. And Peter." Tony pulled back, Peter his youngest son last he saw him he was a newborn. "P-Peter, Where is he? Is he here?" Harley nodded.

"Before I get I just want to tell you how sorry and guilty I am, I should've said goodbye to you but I was so scared I saw you hooked up to a bunch of machines and I just couldn't do it."

Tony brought his hand up to Harley's cheek wiping a single tear away and kissing his forehead. "You don't have to apologize Harley, I know it was hard but I'll always love you no matter what."

Harley nodded and quickly pulled away telling Tony he'd grab Peter so he ran out the library doors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harley quickly walked out of the room. Swiftly he grabbed Peter's hand and brought him into the library and there he stood. Tony Stark in the flesh.

"Dad, meet Peter. Peter meet dad." For a few seconds all they could do was stare at each other. Then Peter walked up to Tony and hugged him.

"Oh my boys, I'm so proud of the people you've grown up to be." He said wiping tears from both Peter and Harley's eyes but also his own.

"I wanted Peter to see you even if it was for a few seconds, mom misses you a lot she wishes you could be with her forever." Harley says through tears.

They talked for a minute more then Tony started disappearing. "Tell mom I love her, and I love you both 3,000." In a blink of an eye he was gone.

"Did you get to say all that you wanted?" Peter asked his brother.

Harley smiled, "Yeah, yeah I did. Did you?"

Peter smiled back, "Yeah I did." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 78