Chapter 79: You don't have to fit in a request by @mabel124644

Alright everyone! This is my first request since the thirty day challenge. This probably sucks and I apologize, it's also really short. @mabel124644
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Penelope Parker was getting ready for school and decided to change up her look. She wore a purple sundress with a denim jacket over her shoulders. She took her glasses off and put some contacts in.

She curled her hair and also put on some light makeup, she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. I think it's cute, but what if- oh never mind there's no turning back now, she thought. Penelope grabbed her backpack from her desk, said goodbye to May, and headed to school.

Once she got there she walked in and everyone was staring and whispering about her. "Oh my god, is that Penelope?" She looked over her shoulder and others would turn away still with the faintest whisper.

"Wow she looks so pretty!" Penelope smiled, no one ever complimented me like that before. But why haven't they done that until now? She wondered.

As she kept walking she saw her crush, Marshall Jones, the captain of the football team. He looked at her and she looked at him but then proceeded to walk to her locker. "He's noticing me!" She exclaimed in her head.

In the corner of her eye as she was grabbing her books she saw Nora, her best friend walking up to her. "Whoa Penny," she said, "the whole school is talking about you!" 

"Y-yeah, I noticed it's definitely something." Penelope blushed. After she grabbed her books she and Nora went to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Penelope couldn't believe everyone was still talking about her, everyday she went unnoticed and it wasn't until she changed her style, her hair, and everything about how she looked. It was somewhat of a social experiment to see if people would care about how she looked.

All she got was compliment after compliment, it's not like she didn't like it more so it made her uncomfortable. Soon she left English, and now it was time for lunch. Even the lunch ladies were complimenting her.

As Penelope sat with Nora eating her lunch she felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned to see MJ of all people. Was he about to compliment her? He hasn't even noticed her all year so why now?

"Hi Penelope, could we talk", He asked.

She nodded while Nora smiled at them as if she was giving Penelope a silent thumbs up. Penelope got up and followed MJ who led her into an empty classroom. MJ closed the door behind them.

"Can I ask you a question?" MJ asked.

"Sure." Penny replied.

"Why did you have to change yourself?" Penny shifted uncomfortably, Great he knows, she thought.

"What do you mean?" Penelope asked.

MJ was concerned, he didn't know why Penelope was trying to dress to impress, "I think you know Penelope, you don't have to lie to me."

"MJ you barely know me, this is the first time you're actually talking to me. I changed because I wanted you to notice me."

"I know it's stupid-"

MJ grabbed her hand gently, "Whereas I do disagree, but you're not stupid. You shouldn't have to change yourself for others to like you."

MJ was flustered, "I have noticed you except I didn't exactly know how to approach you."

"You? Marshall Jones, didn't know how to approach a nerdy awkward girl?" Penelope asked.

"I don't think you're nerdy or awkward. I think you're perfect the way you are, and you shouldn't have to change that for the approval of others." MJ explained.

"R-really?" MJ nodded, Penelope smiled.

"You don't have to change to fit in." And from that moment on Penelope didn't try to change anything about herself. She and MJ began talking and soon they became friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 79