Chapter 144: Left Behind A Request by spidytomstories

(Hey @spideytomstories I hope you like it! And just a warning to you guys who may get triggered: Tony and Pepper are jerks in this chapter, just saying before any of you go nuclear lol)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter always seemed to be in his siblings' shadows, Harley was the oldest and Morgan was the youngest, so to say his parents were neglecting him puts it mildly. He was like the black sheep of the family. Harley, his older brother, was as expected, the golden child. Rarely ever got into trouble, always punctual with time, and getting new shiny things.

Morgan, his little sister, was of course the youngest, and she was the angel in their parents lives. All she had to do was say; 'Mommy, daddy, please?' And Tony and Pepper were wrapped around her little finger. Peter couldn't lie, he felt jealous of all the attention his siblings got, every school event, every birthday, pretty much every special occasion it was attended by their parents.

Whereas with Peter being the middle child, they couldn't be bothered, it made him feel isolated. He didn't understand why his parents weren't paying the same amount of affection and attention to him as his brother and sister. It was like he was invisible to them, like he was forgotten, left behind. A loud ringing filled Peter's ears, that annoying sound would be his stupid alarm clock. He groaned, feeling a certain nauseousness in his stomach.

He tried to ignore it but when he got up from his bed a lightheaded effect hit him, he immediately started gagging, and ran straight to the bathroom to throw up the contents of his dinner from the night before. Once he finished, he felt hot, but was also shivering as if the air around him was below ten degrees. He was indeed sick, groaning in pain, and trying to keep the bile from climbing up his throat once more. He used the little energy he had to get dressed.

Once somewhat okay with his appearance, Peter left the comfort of his bed, and drug his feet towards the kitchen. The smell and thought of breakfast made him want to puke, but he sat down anyway. His mom, Pepper, came over and put a plate of bacon, eggs, and pancakes in front of him. He held the bile down as best as he could, Harley looked over at his little brother tilting his head, usually Peter would be eating his food but he hadn't touched a single thing.

"Pete, are you okay? You don't look too good." Peter looked back at his brother and nodded, if he said he was sick his parents wouldn't believe him. Don't ask him why, they just wouldn't. Pepper looked at her children sighing, "Peter, eat, then let's go. You guys have school." She said, rustling through her purse looking for her car keys.

"M'not that hungry mom, I'll eat at school." Peter managed to say, Pepper rolled her eyes and agreed, she then rushed the kids out of the house to the car and then drove them to school. While Morgan was going to elementary school, Peter and Harley went to Midtown Tech. Except since Harley was a year older, that meant he was a sophomore, while Peter was a freshman.

In the back of his mind, Harley was worried about his little brother. He looked as pale as porcelain, his eyes were red and puffy, like he had been crying for hours, and was looking like he was going to faint. But Peter being Peter, brushed him off, telling him he was fine and not to worry. He took Peter at his word, somewhat, but still didn't quite believe him. Peter then mustered up the energy to head to class.

Once he got in, he sat down next to his good friend Wade, who took one good look at him and his expression instantly soured. Peter looked awful as if he was going to pass out or hurl, maybe both, and if he was sick why in the world was he at school? He should be home, resting. "Hey Peter, are you okay? You look terrible." He told his friend.

"I feel terrible." Peter's voice was so raw, thanks to throwing up so much before coming to the place he has to be at for the next eight hours. Wade shook his head and raised his hand, to which the teacher called on him. Peter couldn't hear anything after that, he was so zoned out trying not to get sick again, he didn't even realize Wade was hoisting him up to get him out of class.