Chapter 129: Reality Part 1

(Alright everyone, this chapter is angsty so buckle up. And as you can tell by the title, there is a second part.)

Anyway on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was going to be a fun day for Peter and his friends, at the moment he and his class were on a school bus heading on a field trip to MOMA (Museum of Modern Arts). Everyone was excited, although science was his favorite subject, Peter liked art, he knew MJ loved to sketch and draw. So this field trip was right up her alley, once the class arrived at the museum, everything was going smoothly.

Peter was having fun with his friends, they were there for about two hours, and while Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell were gathering up the kids, Peter got an uneasy feeling, and noticed there was dust on the floor, he stared confusedly as dust was flying everywhere. He looked towards his teachers but saw that they were turning into the dust.

A couple of his classmates were also doing the exact same thing, then he turned to Ned and MJ in a panic. He tried talking to them, "Peter w- what's happening?!" Ned said in a confused but terrified tone.

"Yeah Parker, what's going on?" Peter looked at Ned, who started disappearing.

"I- I don't know! N- Ned!" Ned was gone, before Peter could even say anything MJ was withering away. He was so confused, scared, and didn't know what to do. So he grabbed his phone in his hands, which were shaking. And called the first person in his contacts, but May wouldn't answer. He then called Happy who picked up the phone.

"Hello? Peter? Aren't you supposed to be on your school field trip right now? Why are you calling me?" Happy asked.

"Happy! E- Everyone is just d- disappearing I- I don't know what's happening, May isn't picking up a- and I'm stuck at the museum!" Peter began to panic, he didn't know what to do, he honestly felt like bursting into tears. Happy tried to calm him down, and told him he'd be picking him up, once Happy found Peter in his distressed state he drove him to the Avengers Compound.

Once they got there, Rhodey greeted them and let them inside. Steve, Natasha, Sam, Thor, and Bruce had gotten there a few hours earlier. They all looked exhausted and more importantly defeated. Steve saw him and walked up to him, "You okay son?" He asked, Peter was somewhat out of it and shocked that the guy who he fought in Germany was talking to him out of uniform.

"Uh, I don't know, I watched my whole class disappear, and my aunt isn't answering the phone. I hope she's okay." Peter replied, the adults around him wondered who he was, they knew he came with Happy. But Natasha knew Happy wasn't married and didn't have a kid. "What's your name?" She asked.

"I'm Peter Parker ma'am." They all nodded and Happy came back in the room, he looked at Peter with a worried look. Peter instantly knew, May had disappeared too, he was alone. Happy didn't want Peter to be on his own, so he asked the others if Peter could stay with them and they said he could.

Twenty days have passed and Peter had never felt so lost and numb. It was insane to learn that fifty percent of all living things were decimated. It was almost eleven at night, Peter was busy studying and then started getting ready for bed. As earlier in the day he'd been at school, life was strange at the moment. So as he's laying down on his bed there was a loud noise, making his slumber feel oh so far away.

He grumbled, and muttered, "God, what now?" Getting up and walking out of the compound, to see a giant spacecraft or ship of some sort. He stood behind Rhodey, Natasha, and Steve, wondering who they were talking to. "Wh- Where's the kid? D- Did he disappear too?" Everyone turned to Peter, he saw Tony, he looked tired but a glimpse of relief washed over him.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter was a little sleep deprived but Tony walked closer to him and pulled him into a hug. Everyone went inside and they began questioning Tony about the purple Titan, wanting to know every detail of the battle that took place. Peter could tell Tony was out of it, he was delirious, going on about how they lost but Steve wasn't there.