Chapter 140: CHERRY A Request by arvin_009

(Alright, two things I need to mention, Infinity War and Endgame don't exist. Therefore Peter, MJ, Ned, and Betty are adults and they didn't blip away.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter had just returned from a highly classified, deadliest deployment in his entire army career. Finally getting to be able to hug his family and his girlfriend MJ. His plane had taken off eleven hours ago, he slept for some time until it was three o'clock in the morning, but now he was fully awake, and there was only an hour and thirty minutes left until he'd arrive in New York.

Being bored with nothing to do has it's cons, luckily he had some books to keep his mind occupied. And Peter wasn't going to lie, he was glad to be discharged, not having to worry about deploying for a year or more, going across the country to report for duty. It was like that weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Soon Peter's plane landed, and here he was, sitting in a taxi on his way to the Avengers Compound. Watching as the raindrops fell upon his car window, it was peaceful in a way, and to think that he thought he would never come home. F.R.I.D.A.Y would most likely inform everyone and wake them up, he walked into the building and went up the elevator.

Although he was exhausted he couldn't wait to be with everyone again, once the elevator doors opened he was greeted with eager yet sleepy looking faces. He smiled, and everyone started piling up on a group hug and questioning how in the world he was back so early. Either way they were happy to see him, especially Tony, he missed his son a lot.

He hated going down to the lab everyday and not seeing Peter sitting at his desk tinkering with his latest invention. But now, his boy was standing right there in front of him, he engulfed him in the biggest hug any father could give. "I missed you bud, you should get some rest. It's four in the morning." Tony told him.

Peter definitely agreed on that, he and MJ went to their room and slept for a few hours. Once they woke up they joined the rest of their family for breakfast, talking and enjoying their quality time. Michelle remembered that she had somewhere to be later that weekend, she looked towards her boyfriend, "Hey Pete, there's something going on tonight that I think you should join." She told him.

Peter glanced at her with a quizzical expression, "What's going on this weekend?" He asked.

"Midtown Tech is hosting a high school reunion for the class of 2020 this weekend. I was thinking we should go, Ned and Betty will be there."

Midtown Tech and High School Reunion, weren't things Peter would ever hear out of MJ's mouth. As they both hated school, the people, food, not so much the homework. But either way it still sucked, as they were both the nerds and outcasts, so to say Peter was reluctant to go back to that heck hole was an understatement.

Peter sighed, "I don't know M. Midtown doesn't necessarily hold good memories."

"Aren't you the one who's actually willing to try new things in your relationship? When did the roles switch? Am I missing something?" Tony questioned.

Peter chuckled, knowing his father was teasing him, which made him hit back. "Yeah, it's called the 'stay in your lane' thing."

"If we go then you can show off your uniform, or wear something dressy and show off your new buzz cut. Either way, we should go, your best friend hasn't seen you in nine months, and it'd be a nice surprise."

Peter gave it a thought, it really had been a long time since he'd seen Ned before his departure. It made him smile, he missed Ned and his ramblings about legos and whatever he and Betty were traveling to next. Peter finally budged, "Okay fine, I'm only going for Ned and Betty."

Meanwhile Peter and Michelle entered the school building, going up to the table and picking out their name stickers. Peter thought about wearing his army uniform, but that'd be disrespectful to his fellow veterans who served and who had fallen. He hated boasting about his reputation, he'd rather be the bigger person.

Walking into the gymnasium, there were so many faces, most of which neither of them recognized. Except for two beaming people who looked shocked but immediately waved them over. Peter hugged his best friend and MJ hugged Betty, even though she saw her the week before. Betty then hugged Peter, "We thought you weren't coming home for a while? Not until your tour was over." She said,

"I got back a few days ago, it was four in the morning." Peter replied.

"It's good to have you back man." Ned told him.

"It's good to be back, Ned." Peter, MJ, Ned, and Betty caught up with the rest of their decathlon team and decided to head out and grab dinner. Talking about everything Peter missed, and finally hearing the news of Ned and Betty's engagement. Peter couldn't have felt happier than in this moment, he was glad to be home, with the love of his life, his friends, and family.

"By the way, I'm digging your hair Peter." Betty complimented.

Peter almost forgot about his buzz cut, "Oh thanks Betty, don't think I'll ever do it again though."

MJ smiled, "Yeah, I miss your curly hair."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 140