Chapter 43: Divorce

When peter was 12 years old his parents got divorced he had a hard time understanding why his mom moved away from him but he's pretty smart more than your average kid. Tony explained that Pepper loved him very much and that he had nothing to worry about.

Now Peter is 15 and fully aware of why his parents aren't living together he goes back and forth between staying with Tony and staying with Pepper he loves his parents but whenever he stays with Pepper she doesn't pay attention she's either working or completely exhausted from the day she barely knows he's there.

But Peter being the sweet kid he is doesn't want to bother his mom about it because he thinks it would ruin things and he's already felt like he ruined his parents relationship based on the fact they're divorced but today is Friday and it's his mom's weekend so he's gearing up for having the conversation he's been absolutely dreading for honestly years.

"Alright kiddo have a great day at school and a fun weekend with mom and I'll see you Monday morning okay?" Tony asked.

"Okay bye dad love you." He replied.

Tony kissed his sons forehead and waved him off Happy then dropped Peter at school he tried to be optimistic about his discussion with his mom but to be truthful he knows it's going to be over before it begins when,

Peter spends the weekend with his mom he lies to his dad saying they did this and that but really he was being ignored but obviously not on purpose when you're a successful lawyer it's hard to prioritize but that's definitely not an excuse for Pepper's behavior.

Peter's classes went smoothly and he talked to his friends Ned, Mj, and Flash said to not be afraid and tell his mom how he's feeling every time he's staying with her and he decided not to be a chicken and go through with it. Except it wouldn't happen if Pepper was on time according to Peter right now she's 20 minutes late.

Flash understood how Peter was feeling his parents rarely pay attention and that's why he took it out on Peter but he turned over a new leaf since Peter was so forgiving they became good friends. "What's the record of her being late?" He asked.

Peter flashed him a small but sad smile, "It's okay Eugene."

"No Peter it really isn't you need to tell her how you feel even if it hurts her feelings."

"You should take your own advice E." Peter said.

Flash gave him a stern look, "Maybe I will but if you don't I'll tell her myself."

And just when peter was going to say something back to his friend on comedic timing Pepper finally decides to grace them with her presence flash gives him a thumbs up signaling he'll be okay and that made him feel a little bit better but he was still scared.

When they finally got to Pepper's house peter put his stuff in his room and mustered up the courage to tell his mom how he feels so he sits down at the island facing Pepper her head pops up to see her son looking her directly in the eye she set her phone down.

"What's up sweetheart?"

"Could we talk without any distractions?" He asked.

"Sure." She replied.

Peter got nervous but went for it, "I don't mean to sound rude mom but when I come over for the weekend you never pay attention and when you do you almost forget that I'm here I feel like I have to lie to dad because you already don't like each other and I don't want to make it any worse."

"Honey I do pay attention."

Now Peter was angry, "Really because the last time I was here you said and I quote "I'm sorry I forgot you were here peter" and then you left the room I had to cook dinner for myself because you were passed out in bed!"

"Peter I'm a very busy person I wake up at 4 in the morning and get home at 11 at night!" She argued.

"That's still just as bad mom because your making excuses for your actions yeah I get your busy but you should at least pay attention and spend a few hours with me instead of being on your phone cooped up in the office!"

"Peter Benjamin Stark I do not like the tone you're using!"

"I'm gonna use this tone for you to listen also if you paid attention you would've known to come to my decathlon tournament!"

Peter was fed up and decided to go to his room and call Happy who then called Tony who was confused but ended up picking his distressed son up and when they got home Peter immediately went to his room locking his door screaming out of frustration. Tony walked to his son's room to talk to him about why he wasn't staying with Pepper.

"Hey kiddo can I come in I just want to talk I'm not mad at you I promise."

He heard a few mumbles and then heard the door click and he went in seeing peter sitting on his bed holding a pillow close to his chest and could hear his soft cries.

Tony sat next to him and let peter lean his head on Tony's chest he held peter giving him soft kisses on his forehead. "Peter I want to help you but I can't if you don't tell me what's wrong bambino." said Tony.

"I t-tried telling mom something but then we got into a fight."

"What were you trying to tell her kiddo?"

"Whenever I'm there with her it's like she forgets I'm there and when I told her how I felt she denied everything I had said that's when I called I didn't want to be there anymore I still don't."

"You don't want to be with mom anymore?"

"No I want to stay with you apparently she doesn't love me anymore."

"Peter your mom loves you with all her heart she may not show it in the best way but she does and if she doesn't clean her act up then you won't be going to her house again okay?"

"O-okay." Peter replied.

"I love you kiddo."

"I love you too dad."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 43