nineteen; restraint

chapter nineteen ❝ biting on my tongue & checking if it bleeds ❞restraint

chapter nineteen
biting on my tongue & checking if it bleeds
restraint

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"You will not go within 50 feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault or harass him physically or psychologically." Kennedy stands next to Melissa McCall, listening to Sheriff Stilinski recite the restraining order Jackson had put on the two boys. Every now and then she'd glance at Mr. Whittemore, who used to take a liking to Kennedy. Though right now he does not seem to like anybody in the room.

Stiles looks up, "What about school?" He asks. Kennedy finds this question fair, as they all had similar schedules.

Sheriff sighs, "You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a 50 foot distance."

"Okay, what if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time and there's only two stalls available and they're only right next to each other?" All parents in h the room cross their arms. Stiles looks up at his dad, nodding awkwardly. "I'll just hold it."

After this fiasco, Kennedy follows Scott and Melissa out of the room. "Move!" Melissa says as she pushes her son past Stiles. Kennedy of course knew about the entire van situation, and all parents knew she probably was involved. But when Kennedy is also Jackson's close friend, who he would rather go to jail for than anything, they didn't poke the bear. Melissa turns her son around, Kennedy sheepishly stopping behind her. "It's not just this. Although, a restraining order is a new low that I didn't think that you would reach quite this soon. It's everything on top of it." Kennedy grimaces as Melissa grabs her and puts her next to Scott. "The completely bizarre behavior from both of you, the late nights coming home, having to beg Mr. Harris for you to make up that chemistry test that you missed."

"I missed a chemistry test?" Blurts Scott.

Kennedy looks up. "Scott, we studied for it last weekend." She says quietly. She had taken the test, and unsurprisingly, scored well.

Melissa raises a brow. "Really, Scott? Really?" Scott looks at Kennedy, unsure when this test happened. "I at least can trust that Kennedy can get her work done, and shes honest enough with me that I know what's wrong." Kennedy bites her tongue, knowing there's more to what's wrong than Melissa knows. "I have to ground you. I am grounding you. You are grounded."

"What about work?"

Melissa huffs. "Fine, other than work. And no TV."

"My TV's broken." Scott replies.

"Then no computer."

"Melissa, he needs the computer for school." Says Kennedy politely. Scott nods in agreement.

Melissa shrugs, "Then no, uh," She turns her back to look at Stiles, before looking back at her son. "No Stiles."

"What, no Stiles?" Stiles whines.