forty-five: the fox and the wolf

warning; y'all will either hate me or love me this chapter. i have no regrets.

also, isaac was technically still in the hospital this episode, but i don't care he's fine now.

chapter forty-five
you didn't mean to say, "i love you"
the fox and the wolf

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Isaac paced Kennedy's room back and forth, waiting for the female werewolf to come back from meeting up with Scott. It had been a few days since Stiles turned Void, and Kennedy had came back from Eichen House. Ever since, Peter's had her at home in case Void came back around for seconds. And now that Isaac was (mostly) healed, Isaac had barely left her side, spending every minute with her.

That is, until she forced him to go away.

When her bedroom door opened, Isaac turned to watch Kennedy walk in. She smiled slightly, and Isaac returned it. Her long hair was straight instead of wavy. He always admired her hair. Back when Scott got bit by Peter, her hair only was a few inches shorter than it is now. These days it was nearly past her chest. His thoughts stopped when Kennedy placed her things on the vanity.

"How are you?" Isaac asked, sitting on her vanity chair as she sat on her bed.

Kennedy sighed, "Nobody's seen or heard from Stiles," She told him. Isaac nods, tapping his foot on the ground. Kennedy laid on her stomach, fiddling with her blanket. "What about you?"

Isaac looks up. "What about me?"

"Well, you've been locking yourself in a sixteen year old girls room all week, so I assume you have to be falling apart right now." Kennedy joked. Isaac didn't really seem all that impressed. Kennedy pouted, grabbing a pillow and putting it in her lap. "Okay, why are you upset?" She finally asked.

Isaac shook his head, "What?" He rubbed his hands together nervously. His mind had been everywhere this entire month, and this wasn't helping him at all.

Kennedy shrugged. "First of all, you're acting weird," She deadpanned, causing Isaac to avert his eyes away. "Second of all, you smell funny."

"I smell funny?"

"Like your scent," Kennedy told him, "Something about it is different." Isaac swallowed nervously. Of course it was different. Kennedy was hurt by her boyfriend, so he was mad. He had been in love with Kennedy, so he was jealous. Kennedy was single, he was happy. And, lastly, Kennedy was beautiful, so he was flustered. Luckily, all of those mixed up plus Kennedy's pent up emotions caused her to struggle picking out what exactly he felt. An idea had sparked into Isaac's mind. Could it backfire? Of course. But at this point, Isaac didn't know if he cared.