seventy-five: amplification

chapter seventy-five❝  i can't tell what's real and what's hallucinations  ❞amplification

i can't tell what's real and
what's hallucinations 
amplification

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"I like mommy-daughter time,"

Kennedy looked at her mom, who sat in the passenger seat of her car as they followed the Jeep and multiple police cars. "Usually I categorize getting my nails done and a salon trip as mommy-daughter time. Not chasing the Beast of Gevaudan who you helped bring back,"

Sloane sighed. "In my defense, I didn't know it was that Beast," She said as she looked back at the road.

"How many beasts are there!?"

"All units stay back. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage."

Both Sloane and Kennedy look at the radio, "Was that your boyfriend?" Sloane asked.

"Stiles, get off the radio!" Noah Stilinski's voice followed. There was a moment of silence, "All unit alert. Wait for backup. Repeat, no one goes near this thing."

Kennedy looked at her mom. "Yeah," She mumbled. Sloane hummed, impressed.

"Unit Five reporting a sighting on Hill Road southbound,"

"Unit Nine, I've got it turning off Oakridge, southbound on Beachwood,"

Sloane looked at the radio again, "Beachwood? Isn't that the direction of the hospital?" She asked herself.

"All units, this is Dispatch. We've got a 911 call with additional sighting on Mitchell."

Kennedy and Sloane looked at each other with wide eyes. Kennedy sighed, "I wish you became a good guy sooner," Kennedy sighed as she reached for her speaker.

"Dad," Stiles's voice on the radio caused Kennedy to stop.

"Stiles, get off this channel."

"Dad, just listen to me, okay? It's headed for the hospital, all right." Kennedy looked at the Jeep, stepping on the gas to see Scott and Stiles in the Jeep. Scott looked down, waving at the red car. Sloane leaned over so Scott could see her, waving back. "He's headed for Beacon Memorial. You hear me? It's headed for the hospital."

Sloane looked at her daughter, "To the hospital, Bunny?" Kennedy exhaled sharply, pressing hard on the gas.

༺❀༻

Sloane climbed out of Kennedy's car. Stiles looked over. "We brought her here because..."

"Because she's another alpha and she knows about the Beast," Scott reminded the human boy as they walked towards the hospital.

"She's an alpha because she stole Kennedy's alpha powers. Which I thought only their bitten beta could do," Stiles pointed out as he looked at Kennedy and her mom.