fifty-four: orphaned

chapter fifty-four❝ it's bittersweet to think about the damage that we do ❞orphaned

chapter fifty-four
it's bittersweet to think about the damage that we do
orphaned

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Kennedy and Stiles were in the vet clinic with Derek, holding down a seizing Brett who was foaming at the mouth. Kennedy groaned in disgust, seeing the yellow fluid land on her plastic bag wrapped shoes. "What the hell is happening to this kid?" Asks Stiles.

Deaton walks around Derek. "He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

Stiles struggled, "Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?"

Derek rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength." He muttered.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him."

Kennedy rolls her eyes. "Do I need to sit on the guy?"

"No!" Both Stiles and Derek yell at once. Stiles struggled to hold the guy down. "Derek, he's slipping. I don't think I can hold him." Brett roars as he hits Stiles, sending the human boy into his girlfriend. Kennedy and Stiles tumble to the ground, Stiles catching himself above her.

Kennedy shamelessly checks him out. "You look hot at this angle," She compliments. The two teens crawl to their feet as Brett springs off the table, running for the exit.

Suddenly, Peter walks in, punching Brett. Peter's eyes glow blue as Brett falls to the floor, unconscious. Kennedy stays close to Stiles, her and Derek giving the eldest living Hale unreadable looks "I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself." He chimes.

Derek rose a brow. "Yeah, maybe more than a little." He said. Peter smirked, and Kennedy looked at Derek, who's arm hadn't yet healed.

"Hey, Doc, I don't think he's breathing." Stiles says, him and Deaton kneeling down. Deaton used the blade to cut through Brett's chest. Kennedy scrunches her nose as a yellow smoke erupts from the wound. "Is he okay?"

Deaton shrugs, "I think he'll be fine, but probably out for a while." Kennedy glances at Derek, seeing his cut had now healed.

"The sun..." Brett began to whisper, everyone listening closely. "The moon...The truth." Kennedy remembers the saying, Demarco had said it before he died. "The sun...The moon...The truth..."

Deaton looks up. "Three things cannot long be hidden. The sun, the moon, and the truth." He says, turning to look back at Derek and Kennedy. "It's Buddhist." Unsure, Kennedy looked at Derek. The cousins slowly turned there heads, looking at Peter as he still stood there.