seventy-eight: the maid of gévaudan

NOTE: I HAVE RENAMED ELOISE VALET TO VIVIENNE. I HAVE CHANGED IT IN *MOST* OF THE STORY

chapter seventy-eightthe maid of gevaudan

the maid of gevaudan

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Dear Marie-Jeanne and Vivienne,

I wish I had better news to report. But even with the support of our Indian allies, we are losing this war to the British. We have heard news that Montreal has fallen. Marcel and I has both suffered injuries. All that keeps us alive is the hope of seeing our home again, and of seeing you both, my sisters.

"That letter would eventually find its way into the hands of two young women." Gerard Argent explained to Lydia Martin and Jordan Parrish. "A skilled hunter who would later face the Beast armed with nothing but a steel-tipped pike. And her little sister, later to be cursed by the same fate as the Beast himself." The Martin girl tilted her head as she listened to the story told to her by her late friends grandfather. "Only one of them, would be known by history as the Maid of Gevaudan."Gerard held up a journal, opening up the front page. Lydia leaned over, "But their real names were Marie-Jeanne and Vivienne."

Sure enough, the first page on the book was a letter to Marie-Jeanne, from Vivienne herself.

Jordan looked at the textbook next to it, "Maybe someone should resurrect them." He commented as he turned away.

"Don't leave." Said Lydia.

The Hellhound turned towards the girl, "My dreams aren't like yours, Lydia. I'm not just a harbinger of death. I'm the cause of it."

Lydia moved from the table as he walked away, "Jordan-"

"Let him go."

Lydia turned towards Gerard and Chris. "Why?" She asked with knitted brows.

"Because as much as we believe Parrish could take on the Beast, neither of us think he's our only hope at stopping it." Chris told the girl simply.

Lydia frowned. "What do you mean?"

"We think there's another."

Gerard took a few steps closer, looking at the red-headed girl. "You and Kennedy."

༺❀༻

Kennedy opened the school doors, helping Hayden and Stiles get an injured Liam inside. The sound of the Beasts roars and students screaming caused them to rush into a near by classroom. "The desk!" Kennedy pointed as Hayden and Stiles lead the boy in. Liam screamed in pain as Stiles shoved everything off the surface, laying Liam down on to it.

"I'm okay. I'm fine." Liam grunted out. Hayden and Stiles pulled at the ripped jersey, Kennedy peering over at Liam's wounds. Hayden gasps, scrunching her face while Stiles gags. "What? Is it bad?"