eighty-two: superposition

chapter eighty-twomemory lost

chapter eighty-two
memory lost

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"This is a horrible idea."

Kennedy frowned as she watched two figures walking away from her. They were walking into Lydia's old house, which she's moved from. She lived there until sometime junior year. It was a party, specifically the party Lydia threw the night Scott found out he was a werewolf. Kennedy was even more confused when she realized one of the figures was herself. But who as the other person?

Deciding to follow, Kennedy trailed after her past self and the other person, never able to catch his face in time. She listened to him talk, "It's not horrible as long as we stay on task." He explained to the sixteen-year-old. Young Kennedy Stallard rolled her eyes, turning to look at him. Kennedy tilted her head in confusion, watching her younger self talk.

"Then dance with me."

The boy practically choked on his own breath as he looked at her. "What?" He was nervous. Kennedy could sense it as she stood right behind him.

Young Kennedy shrugged her shoulders, "I dressed nice tonight, might as well get someone to dance with me," She plainly explained. Kennedy watched as her younger self grabbed the mystery boys hand, pulling him towards the crowd. Kennedy walked town the steps slowly, watching as the boy moves to turn towards her. Finally, she thought, she'd be able to see his face. But just as his shoulder turned and the side of his face was coming into view-

"Kennedy!"

The auburn-haired girl shot out of her slumber, her eyes wide as she felt arms wrap around her torso. Scott McCall laughed as the girl looked around in confusion. "Did I startle you?"

"I think I had a heart attack," Kennedy mumbled as she looked around her room. Scott was already dressed for the day, he must have drove over to take her to school. She also must have slept in. Her mind felt scattered, like it wasn't all there. She blinked multiple times as she looked over at him. "What time is it?"

Scott watched as Kennedy pulled away from him, "6:30, don't worry I made sure you wouldn't sleep in too long," He said with a smile. Kennedy stood up from her bed, walking across the floor to the closet.

She slings it open, looking around in confusion. She reached for a red velvet jacket, turning towards Scott. "Do you remember your first full moon? Lydia's party?"

"Yeah, why?"

Kennedy pursed her lips, turning back to the closet as she put the jacket back. She shuffled through, thinking about what to wear today. "I just had a weird dream about it, that's all," She whispered as she looked at a particular dress hanging on the rack.

The dress she wore the day after Scott was bit.

༺❀༻