eleven: formality

chapter eleven❝ but i'm catching you across the room ❞formality

chapter eleven
but i'm catching you across the room
formality

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Kennedy sits in a chair, eating a bag of popcorn. Deaton stands at the back counter of the room, and Scott laying unconscious on the metal table. Kennedy flipped through another page of her book, "So, like, are vampires real?" She asks, looking up from the Twilight novel. Deaton turns to look at her, saying nothing. Kennedy raises her brows, not wanting to truly know the answer before looking back at her book.

Suddenly, Scott sits up, looking around anxiously before springing onto his feet. Deaton walks over, helping him stand. "Welcome to the land of the conscious," Kennedy says, closing her book.

"You doing okay?" Deaton asks the teen wolf who looks around, breathing anxiously. "Maybe you should sit down, huh?" The sound of the entrance bell ringing causes the three to look over. "Hello?" Deaton calls out. Kennedy stands up, Deaton leading the way to the front of the store. She purses her lips when she sees Peter standing in front of her. "I'm sorry, but we're," Deaton observes the man, "We're closed."

Peter gives a warm fake smile. "Hi there. I'm here to pick up."

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off." Deaton replies.

Kennedy walks out into the room, Peter looking right at her. "These ones wandered in on their own." Peter explains, stepping closer.

"Even if they did, I'm afraid I can't help you." Deaton gives a smile. "We're closed."

Peter steps closer, his hands behind his back. "Well, I think you can make an exception this one time, don't you?"

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible." Kennedy looks back into the room, seeing Scott sink down slowly. "Maybe you could come back during regular hours."

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it."

Deaton, however, despite how intimidating Peter is, doesn't budge. "Like I said; we're closed."

Peter walks to the gate, going to open it. He pauses, observing the wood closely. "Mountain ash. That's an old one." He smirks. Kennedy's eyes widen as Peter grabs a chair, throwing it to Deatons side. Kennedy jumps back, horrified. Deaton didn't even blink, to Kennedy's surprise.

"Let me be as clear as possible." Deaton hisses. "We, are, closed." Peter stares at Deaton for a long moment, adjusting his jacket. He stops at the door, murmuring something only Scott could hear. Kennedy purses her lips into a thin line, when Peter looks up at her.

"Remember, Kennedy," He says. Kennedy squints, not sure what he means, even now.

༺❀༻

"Call it again."

Stiles groans, sitting in Scott's desk chair. "It's not here."

Scott doesn't listen, and continues to scramble through his things. Kennedy lays across the bed, kicking her legs. "Okay, so you lost your phone; we can just get you a new one?" She offers, her brown hair cascading over her shoulders.