sixty-six: required reading

chapter sixty-six❝i am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart ❞required reading

chapter sixty-six
❝i am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart ❞
required reading

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Noah Stilinski crossed a red X over Tracy Stewart. He looked at the photo of the boy next to hers. Lucas. "Chimeras."

"Two dead Chimeras." Stiles corrected.

"And eight new ones." Added Malia.

Kennedy, who stood between both of them, slowly nod. "So, that's 10 in all." She hummed.

"I'm thinking maybe 11," Noah said as he put up the third photo. Kennedy felt her heart sink as she saw the photo of Donovan. The boy she had killed. Stiles grabbed her hand, entwining their fingers together. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me," Noah began, "They said, both the holding cell lock and cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. You said that, uh, these guys,"

"Dread Doctors," Malia said.

"Are we really calling them that?" Noah asked the were coyote.

Malia ignored him, "So they broke Donovan out?"

Noah shrugged, "It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" He asked the trio. Kennedy didn't want to answer. She didn't want to say that she had killed Donovan. She couldn't manage it out.

"Donovan's a Chimera," Malia affirmed, walking towards the board.

"Yeah." Sighed the Sheriff as he looked back at the board. "But is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?"

Stiles turned away, looking at his hands as Kennedy walked over, "If he is, he's probably dead." She said, reaching for the red marker. She just wanted it over with, she wanted Donovan swiped under the rug so she could pretend she never did what she had done,

Noah grabbed her wrist, "Not until I've seen a body." He told the girl. Kennedy pursed her lips, putting the marker down.

Sheriff Stilinski looked over at his son, "You're uncharacteristically quiet."

Everyone looked at Stiles. He glanced at Kennedy, who seemed to be way better at pretending everything was okay than he was. "Yeah... Sorry, I'm, uh," Stiles stuttered, "I'm just trying to think about it." He walked closer, "These are all teenagers, right? So, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers?" Kennedy rose a brow, "If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that,"

"Burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail," Kennedy listed off, nodding along.

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." The sheriff said finally.