eighty-one: memory lost

chapter eighty-one❝  we'll meet again

chapter eighty-one
we'll meet again. don't know
where, don't know when
memory lost

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Dear Diary,

Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm normal again. Like my life wasn't turned upside down by my two best friends just after my sweet sixteen, and like I wasn't ever meant to save the world from different monsters (supernatural and human ones).

It's been pretty easy, recently. Finally, after we got rid of both the Beast and Theo (everybody cheer!), things fell back to a normal rhythm the last few months. Senior prom came and went, and I was prom queen, and somehow Scott was prom king (I think it's cause he was shirtless one day after lacrosse practice and the girls have been drooling ever since). Lydia didn't even try to go for prom queen this year. Granted, she won last year, but still! Stiles and I are on cloud nine, thankfully. We try to give ourselves space and make sure not to spend every waking moment together like we used to. It's became a solid balance of friendships, school, family, and each other. Life's been great. No, not perfect, as I've learned nothing in my life could ever be such, but it's been great.

I know it won't last forever, and I'm not asking it to. After all, Stiles is practically begging the universe to give us something, anything. And maybe it will, but when the day comes where our lives once again change forever, maybe we'll be ready for it.

Danielle Tyler looked at her friend Kennedy Stallard. "Your boyfriend saved helium?"

Kennedy, who was sitting in her desk chair, had just gotten off the phone with her boyfriend, Stiles. Kennedy placed down her phone on the desk, spinning towards Dani, who was sprawled out on the redhead's bed. "Apparently?" Kennedy shook her head as she leaned back, staring at her ceiling. "Stiles has been on edge, you know, with all of us graduating soon, having to leave Beacon Hills."

"I'm not leaving," Dani chirped. "Remember? I'm going to the community college one town over?"

"Yeah, but Scott should be going to UCLA, Lydia's going to who knows where, I'm still waiting for a reply from Stanford." Kennedy listed off as she stood up, walking down the platform onto the main part of her room. "It'll be weird, not being here."

Danielle leaned onto her hands as she looked up at Kennedy. "Well, it'll be good for you, right? To take a break from saving the world."

Kennedy sighed as she sat on her bed, leaning back onto the mattress. "Yeah, I guess." She mumbled as she looked at the ceiling. Danielle moved her body so she was laying next to Kennedy, looking up with her.

The two girls had gotten closer within the last three months. Danielle seemed to fit in with the rest of the pack easily. After all, she had helped them the night of the Beast in the school and helped Kira find Lydia. She was probably the closest with Malia, because of them being werecoyotes. Danielle even offered to dye Malia's hair if she wanted. Scott liked Danielle too. She was spunky and sarcastic but had a big heart. Liam, Mason, and Hayden thought she was slightly intimidating (especially Liam). However, Hayden quickly found a liking to her after the two of them pranked Liam two months ago. Stiles was probably the least close person to Dani. Not because he didn't like her, but because he was too busy waiting for something bad to happen. Lydia Martin thought Danielle was smart, nice, funny, and brought things to the table the others perhaps didn't. She was different, but a good kind of different.