forty-three: letharia vulpina

chapter forty-three ❝ it's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair ❞letharia vulpina

chapter forty-three
it's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair
letharia vulpina

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Kennedy ducks down, almost getting hit by the wire herself. Scott and Derek run for the stairs, but Kennedy looks around. She rushes to the edge of the building, watching the cord almost hit Kira. She closed her eyes, letting out a shaky breath before jumping.

Kira turned her head, watching Kennedy jump into the grass. The Alpha looked up, her eyes red.  Kira begins to shout as a man climbs out of his ambulance. "Get back! Everyone, get back!" Kennedy watched the man fall to the ground. Allison and Isaac climb out of their car.

The Argent goes to run forwards, "Allison!" Isaac shouts, shoving the girl into the grass before she reaches the water.

Allison grunts, looking up to see the boy walking through the water, electrocuting himself in the process. "Isaac!" She shouts.

"Isaac!" Kennedy screams. She watches as the water reaches to another civilian. Kira looks at her in horror. A silver car comes speeding through the parking lot, not seeing the two girls. "Kira, jump."

"What?" Before Kira can react, Kennedy steps in front of the car. The man pulls to an abrupt stop, allowing Kira the time to jump on the hood. Kennedy climbed on, watching the asian girl jump over, landing  in the water. Scott and Derek run to the scene, stopping abruptly at the water line. Kira watched the cord in front of her, inhaling deeply before grabbing hold of it. Kennedy smiled in disbelieve as Kira clasps her hand over the cord, closing her eyes. The entire hospitals lights flash on and off as Kira absorbs everything that the cord held. It was unlike anything Kennedy had ever defend. What Kennedy couldn't see, was Kira's orange eyes as she absorbed the electricity.

People began running out of the hospital, the power finally out completely. Kennedy jumped off the car, running to Isaac. "Isaac!" She yelled out, kneeling down to to the boy. She put her hand to his neck, observing his breath "Oh my god, he's not breathing." Kennedy looked up frantically. "Scott! He's not breathing!"

༺❀༻