seventy-two: damnatio memoriae

chapter seventy-two❝  cause i've broken bones for you and for you only  ❞damnatio memoriae

chapter seventy-two
cause i've broken bones for you
and for you only 
damnatio memoriae

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"Honestly, maybe it's best I'm not in Beacon Hills,"

Isaac Lahey made this statement as he took another bite of his sandwich. He sat at his computer, seeing Kennedy on the other side. She was in the Hale apartment. The same one she and Peter had lived in before Peter was sent away. Chris had been staying there with Kennedy, oddly enough. Catching up on old times, helping her clean out the place, and more.

"Trust me, as soon as Christmas break comes I am taking Noah and Stiles on vacation. Because I am in desperate need of a break," Kennedy waved her pointer fingers around in circles about her head.

The Lahey laughed as he shifted in his seat. "How are you and Stiles, by the way? You never talk about him anymore," He leaned towards the left side of his chair, taking another bite of his meal.

Kennedy shrugged. " We haven't talked about the fight we had but I think we'll work on that when we're not fighting for our lives." She explained as she titled her head.

"Fights are healthy, you know. Sometimes it's necessary,"

"I know. He and I just don't fight over serious stuff regarding the pack because we're always so good at communicating." Kennedy explained as she slouched her shoulders. She was in her bedroom. The same luxurious bedroom with pale purple and grey walls and dark purple bedding. She wrapped herself in her yellow blanket from Ben Stallards house as she talked to Isaac. "I don't know, I just feel like everything's changing and I have a feeling it'll only get worse,"

Isaac tilted his head in thought. "Well, it sounds like you have a lot to deal with. Theo, your mom, Dread Doctors, and some big monster killing people,"

Kennedy nods, "Yeah, I don't know what's up with the monster thing. Scott told me he'd tell me more soon, but I'm meeting up with Malia today," She sighed as she ran her fingers through her auburn hair.

"Why?"

The Hale girl sighed, "It's hard to explain," She confessed. "Honestly, Malia and I are even considering bringing my mom into the plan,"

Isaac shook his head. "Kennedy, you are one of the smartest people I know, and that's the dumbest thing I've heard. And I spent a week and a half with you and Ethan in France." He pointed out with wide eyes. "Why would you ever let Sloane get involved with anything?" The Lahey asked.

"If the Desert Wolf is as strong and crazy as I think she is, my mom is perhaps one of the only people who can actually stand a chance. Especially now that she stole my Alpha title."

༺❀༻