seventeen; venomous

chapter seventeen❝ you always change right behind my back ❞venomous

chapter seventeen
you always change right behind my back
venomous

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

Kennedy sits at the TV tray she had set up as a desk in her room, staring at her phone. The Sheriffs Station, and she knew it was her dad calling. He hadn't stopped for almost 20 minutes, and Kennedy had began to wonder why he wasn't getting told to stop. She sighs as it rings for an eighth time. Scott walks by, pausing. "Hey, you okay?" He asks, walking into the room. He noticed Ben Stallard's old phone book, and a photo of Kennedy and what seemed to be a slightly younger Peter and a pretty woman in a hospital, holding who Scott assumed was Kennedy as a baby.

"This is my mom," Kennedy whispered. "I don't remember much about her, she was gone a lot, looking for some old fling of my dads." She explained to Scott as he sat on her bed. "The day of the fire she was home because it was her birthday. She was turning 30," Her eyes traces the picture slowly. The two look up, her phone ringing again. "Her name was Sloane Valet when Ben met her, but she was engaged to Peter, and was pregnant." Scott doesn't say anything as he listens to his friend. "She loved my dad, more than anyone probably could, considering he was a major dick." Scott and Kennedy chuckle, Kennedy's smile falling. "I wish I remembered more."

Scott looked up at her phone, watching it ring again. "I'm sorry, Ken. I know it must be hard." The girl doesn't answer as Scott smiles in thought. He stands up, scurrying out of her room. Kennedy didn't bother looking up from the photo as she heard his feet pound down the stairs, and quickly back up. She did turn to see him panting heavily as he held a plate with a donut, strawberries, and a cup of iced coffee.

"Do I want to know how you made that so fast?" She jokes as he hands her the coffee.

"I started making it before you woke up." He confesses. Kennedy laughs, taking a sip of the delicious drink. "Now, no more stupid prison dads, we are going to talk about something normal like, uh, Twilight."

Kennedy laughs, her head falling back. "Well, let me tell you my unconditional love for Jasper,"

༺❀༻

Kennedy stood by a class room, surprised to see Stiles and Scott agressively pulling her along. "Well, good to know I'm not forgotten." She grumbles sarcastically.

"Isaac's back." Stiles tells her bluntly.

"What? How?" She asks, looking behind them to see if he was there.

Stiles shrugs, "Jackson talked to my dad, I don't know." He explains, "And I was researching last night, All right, I only found one thing online called a Kanima. It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

Scott looks over. "That thing was not a jaguar."

"Though it'd probably be cuter," Kennedy pouts. Now, she kind of wished she was a werecat of somesort.